1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Morning frost vs You

Discussion in 'General' started by wyx087, 16 Nov 2010.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

:D :D :naughty: :thumb:

with remote unlocks, think the problem will be more on opening door rather than key hole freezes.

2. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

Yeah, this luxury modern stuff eh!
    I sometimes have to suck off my locks and handle too!

The funniest is when you get frozen inside your car (not happened to me fortunately)

3. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

After spending 20 years on the colder side of the arctic circle, I do think I have the right to laugh at Britons getting all upset with their frost :) Also it was hilarious to see Japanese tourists in their Canada Goose-jackets and breathing masks in November when I'm still cycling to the grocery store wearing a t-shirt and summer jacket :lol:

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

It's all relative. If we took you to Florida in the summer you'd feel the heat more than the locals, at which point we'd all be liek "lolz!".

Over here winter feels effortsome because everything gets frosty and crappy, it's not as harsh as your winters, but we're not used to it or geared up for it. That's why no-one has cold-weather/snow tyres or any winter paraphernalia that you do.

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Hey, I don't actually mind the ice and frost (except when it makes driving conditions.... I'm not going there :grr:) but I can't stand the wind and the rain. It's blowing a gale and pouring rain outside at the moment. The wind wrecks everything and lets face it, nobody likes getting wet in winter :/

6. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I'm not a retard, I KNOW, thank you very much :) Doesn't stop it from being funny. I've flown from -30 C Rovaniemi to Hong Kong and +37 C Melbourne and at the time I left plane in Hong Kong I first feared I might die and then feared I might NOT die. Still, later on it was funny as heck :)

7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

:hehe: Nice.

8. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Fixed

9. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

Do as I do..

Get a garage

10. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Damn, knew something was missing! Cheers :hehe:

Also, ROFL @ sucking off keys Dave :D

11. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

It's not the frost that annoys me, it's the bloody condensation on the inside of my windscreen! I get tonnes of it which takes forever to dry out with the blowers, or I have to use kitchen towel or a rag or something which leaves massive streaks. Maybe my car isn't too well sealed?

Either way, I just whack the blowers on, give it 5 or 10 mins to warm up, give the windscreen a good scrape and then write war and peace whilst the inside of my windscreen dries out. Fun fun fun.

12. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Never seen a scraper do that before.

13. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

also got it, it's because the window is so cold. just use warm water on your windows and there'll be zero condensation inside the window.

14. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Not all British people fail at life when it comes to the cold (Why is it always the Canadians?) I for one have an insane resistance to the cold. He says, sitting at work, bored, with the window open slightly... where the temp is 3-degree's and has the radiator off.

Infact I prefer the cold, summer can be gone from existance as far as I am concerned.

15. Psycho

Psycho Average

[​IMG]

*ahem* Contrary to the post above I am pretty strong against hot climates, you see, I remember in school when everyone was like set on fire..I was the only one with a god damn jacket, I was like "Wtf man..."

...I stay like 3 hours in the shower trying to build up courage to face the cold...

16. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Windscreen cover works with me - got it for less than £10, followed by de-icer on the other windows if needed, removed with a cloth I keep in the boot. Not all cars warm up quickly, I know mine doesn't - I could be waiting for 10 mins for the air to begin clearing things.

17. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

I believe that's my cue to offer assistance...

18. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

[​IMG]

That's alot of snow :brrr:... Wonder if it's enough to bury a troll :hehe:

19. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Atleast your windscreen wipers don't push the water into the car through a leaky windscreen seal, :D.

I accidentally left my passenger door unlocked after getting to uni one morning. Before I left, it was all frozen, and my dad must have unlocked the door from inside for some reason, and as the handle was frozen, I didn't know/try to open it. Got to uni, assumed it was locked because I hadn't touched it. Then 2 hours later, come back to car, drive home, get home and find that the door was open, :D.
    Make sure to check my doors everytime now, even if I've not touched it.

Luckily, my heater works a treat when it warms up, only problem is, its bloody noisy and probably half broken. Makes the most tremendous squealing sound ever, :D

20. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I'm totally keeping my eyes out around Leicester for the car that has paper towels at each corner of the windscreen!