1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Moronic Time-Waster eBay Buyer

Discussion in 'General' started by GeorgeK, 22 Nov 2017.

1. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Exact same thing happened to me a while back with my Canon 5D. I sold it for £400 and the guy bought it, used it for a week, and then opened a case with ebay saying the camera had a fault. He sent it back to me and to my relief there was nowt wrong with it, and then the penny dropped.

Krikkit is right - no matter what, some people will always take a loan of you.

Every time this happens to me I vow that I'll only ever buy from ebay rather than sell. It's exasperating.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yup. I don't know how people buy stuff like that and don't check it the day they get it :/

Threadjack aside, is that the going rate for a 5D?

3. Xir

Xir Modder

I sometimes buy stuff for someone else as a gift, only to open it up 3 months later and find it faulty... (new stuff, not used stuff though)

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

True enough.

Although, if you want to make it to the elite club you also have to have a buyer in France increase their offer for a pair of sports sandals once they found out they'd been used...:jawdrop:

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

You didn't send him photos of you modelling them again, Dan? I thought we discussed this and you agreed to stop.

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I've learned that on some stuff not to leave feedback just because the item has arrived. For example paint and spray paint. Some guy sent me this orange stuff once (spray) and it was like water. Absolute junk. Of course I had already left him feedback two months prior.. I have three cans of paint ATM I have not left feedback on and I won't until I know they are good. Two I am pretty sure of, but could have cacked nozzles.

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

There are certain things I do not buy on Ebay, batteries, SSD's and paint to name but threeas there are so many fakes or extremely poor quality being flogged on Ebay.

but I too rarely sell now on Ebay because of escalating fees and scammers and the like.

8. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Haven't sold on eBay for years due to then favouring buyers in disputes.

Buy alot from their though so that could look a little hypocritical but then I wouldn't rip anyone off.

9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

You know me Dave, anything for a fiver.