Morphosis Banner_4 by greensabbath911, on Flickr I have been out of the case modding world for a while but I've been meaning to do the Cooler Master World Series for many years now and I finally carved out some time this year to compete. My entry for the Cooler Master World Series 2019 Contest is ‘Morphosis’. Morphosis is inspired by the organic architecture of Zaha Hadid Architects, specifically the Performing Arts Center in Abu Dhabi, as well as the Tree House by Modus Studio. These designs each beautifully translate nature’s organic forms into sculptural architectural works of art with their exceedingly strong design language. Using the sleek SL600M case, my goal is to turn it into a similarly sculptural case by creating custom-machined aluminum panels, carved feet, acrylic machining, and wood work, along with a handful of other tricks along the way. The design process of this case began with a rough sketch, shown below, and knowing that I wanted to incorporate the original curves and angles of the SL600M case to create a truly unique design. The goal was then to create a case showcasing the organic design details as well as the highlighting the mechanical nature of the case. .Zaha Hadid Performing Arts Center Modus Studio Evans Tree House To start with, here a picture of my messy workshop. Its about 11 x 17 feet but it has most of the things I need including my relatively new cnc router. And here is the case I will be modding. IMG_6317 by greensabbath911, on Flickr I started out the case with materials testing. I wanted to use both acrylic, aluminum and wood in the case but as the cnc router was new to me and I would me machining it all myself, I wanted to make sure I did not mess up on the real pieces. Acrylic machining test: Aluminum Machining Test: I liked the design of the case feet but I planned on remaking them out of walnut wood. It also helped that the rear feet got damaged in shipping which made the choice easier. I sketched out different foot designs and then made a practice profile: The first profile I made is on the right but I needed more space on the top of it to attach the case so I needed to make it wider. Also, with all the aluminum I'd be putting into the case, it will be pretty heavy. Once I was happy with the base design of the feet, I cut them out of the final walnut material: I glued the sides to the base with biscuits and glue an then cut the back profile on the table saw: Front and rear feet together. The front feet took a bit more work trying to match the compound angle where the front panel meets the feet. Later I will be doing more carving in the feet to slim down the design.