1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Most exciting remake yet. THPS 1&2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Vault-Tec, 12 May 2020.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I could actually pee right now. Love wee !!!

I pray they leave the original sound track in, maybe remaster it but oh god YESSSSSS

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I dunno, did you see they're remaking C&C? :p

3. Vault-Tec

I'll leave that one for you and I will take this.

YAS YAAAAASSSSSSSS

[​IMG]

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

It's Activision, they'll find a way to screw it up, probably involving micro transactions.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Would be nice for the nostalgia... but the last time they remastered it they only got parts of the soundtrack to begin with (and eventually purged the steam store page as the music license expired), so don't get your hopes up about the soundtrack of the new remaster to be complete.

6. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Loved the TH games, don't love the price tag really for an old game.

Although if i was going to buy reworked games it would be these ones

7. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Thankfully it looks like they've steered clear of the development team that made the train wreck that was THPS5... I was so irritated when I played that game on the PS4 and discovered the glitchy mess it was.

8. Vault-Tec

Just watched the IGN video and it seems only two tracks are missing. Apparently music companies are a complete sod to deal with.

9. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

yup, thats why GTA is the pain it is, some of the Music Licences expired and rather than re-negotiate Rockstar ended up having to go back and patch some songs out of San Andreas ( iirc the earlier GTA's were given longer or permanent contracts to use the music, but for SA they held out for better deals )

As for the Title, i will wait till release to see the level of Micr-transaction Activision can stuff it full of, ( the cynic in me expects new characters, customisation options in lootcrates and new locations to all be behind DLC paywalls or season passes, but perhaps with an unbelievable grind to get them without paying so its 'pay to skip the grind we made' rather than 'pay for acsess, and i FULLY expect C&C to be exactly the same )

*sigh* i hate the gaming industry

10. Vault-Tec

They have new characters as well as all of the old ones. They got them all back in to remodel.

No mention so far of their being any paywall, and apparently it has a park editor and online etc. They've added extra stuff too, and on character basis. So they are definitely making all the right noises.

11. Vault-Tec

£49.95 ffs. You do get a playable demo of the warehouse though, but holy crap I think I will wait for a sale.

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Ehh. I'm not surprised by the price. And it sounds like there's been a lot of new work involved, so I think it'll be worth it.

I probably won't buy on day one, I rarely do anyway, but I wouldn't object to paying that much for it.

13. Vault-Tec

If that is the complete price without any hidden tat price it's not so bad. It is a complete remake in fairness.

liratheal likes this.