1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Motherboard causing GPU Coil Whine/Buzz?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Speed, 11 May 2015.

1. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

I appreciate the gesture but honestly it would be a waste of time, so don't worry about it! :)

2. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Well slight update. I have pretty much given up at this stage but in the interest of remaining sane I did what I always planned and built another system using some spare parts I had lying around yesterday and a few I purchased. So a different CPU, Motherboard and Ram from the previous system. Same GPU, SSD and one of the three PSUs. Got a brand spanking new GTX970 GPU today that I was too slow to cancel the order for and had the same issue.

Not quite sure if this is a sign from above or what, but it is starting to feel personal! lol :wallbash:

Think it is safe to say that regardless of the hardware I'm going to get the same issue, just got to decide the best course of action now. UPS units seem to be a bit of a minefield to say the least and I have no experience with them. Also from what I've seen, many don't like Active PFC PSUs, APC have a document on it here: http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/RMUZ-7DTKRC/RMUZ-7DTKRC_R1_EN.pdf?sdirect=true

Anyone with UPS experience care to give me a rundown on what to look for and what to avoid?