1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboard suggestions?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by at_mosby, 30 Dec 2005.

1. at_mosby

at_mosby What's a Dremel?

Hello!

My current watercooled computer is beginning to show its age. As I begin to put together a new system, I was wondering what micro-ATX motherboards other folks found really nice for water cooling?

Ideally I'd like to cool the cpu, the northbridge and the graphics card, although I wouldn't be closed to the idea of cooling additional components.

Unlike some folks, I'm not doing water cooling to overclock my system, I'm just doing it for the stability of a consistantlly cool running system. And I'm only looking at micro-ATX motherboards (or smaller) because anything larger won't fit into the old NeXT cube case I'm working with.

Thanks!

AT

2. c.u.later

c.u.later What's a Dremel?

What processor are you thinking of using?

if an AMD, try any of the nforce or ati ones, they both have good component placement, although I have the Sapphire ATI Radeon Xpress 200P matx board, as the northbridge is no longer under the pci-e slot as it is in full atx boards

if an Intel, the Asus P5LD2-VM looks ok, as it has roughly same positioning of components, allowing easy access as well.

both these are readily available, try ebuyer as thats where I looked, and are quite good.

c.u.later

3. at_mosby

at_mosby What's a Dremel?

Neat. The Sapphire ATI Radeon Xpress 200P matx board looks really nice. Can anyone suggest a US source for the board?

Thanks!