1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. TheDodoKiller

TheDodoKiller Minimodder

The racing stripe you've got there definitley adds a good 30hp, and your mirrors are so lightweight they must equal about 50hp. combine that with those grips, and you've got a R1 beater there!

In other news, Balls.

[​IMG]

2. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

burnout time!

3. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Mushroom time.

4. TheDodoKiller

TheDodoKiller Minimodder

I'll see if I can get it plugged first!

5. RTT

RTT #parp

Should be fine to get a pro repair done on that - pretty much in the middle of the tread.

6. Xir

Xir Modder

I wonder why it has lamps where my bike has the air-intakes :D

7. The RAM

The RAM Minimodder

Some lemon pushed my bike over yesterday... Needless to say I wasn't happy...! Shame I can't catch them! Cracked mirror joint and scratched exhaust... :sigh:

8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

When those things happen - as when my bike got stolen, and when bits got taken off my previous bike - I always remember that line from Pulp Fiction:

It's so true.

9. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

10. TheDodoKiller

TheDodoKiller Minimodder

Thought that was hilarious. Well dealt with by the police officer too.

11. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Only amusing because he got away with it though. The fact he claims his gearing means his speedo is completely inaccurate makes me think he really hasn't learnt his lesson. He goes so far to claim he's added four extra teeth on the rear and two less on the front; either he's lying (probably) or he's got that GSXR set up for wheelies and clearly does not give a damn he got a telling off.

If he'd set that down badly and gone into a tankslapper, or overdone the wheelie, that could well of been a dead bystander and/or rider.

12. The RAM

The RAM Minimodder

Just picked up a can of ACF50 to prep my bike for the winter store. Going to be a long, cold, messy job sorting it out but still, should mean that it's all shiny in the spring! :D

13. boiled_elephant

Spray it on EVERYTHING.

Except your footpegs and handgrips and downpipes. It makes the former two comically slippery and you can hardly stay on the bike, and the latter is pointless because the heat just burns it off instantly in clouds of white smoke.

Speaking of which, has anyone found a proper solution to downpipe/exhaust corrosion, other than washing them every day? My current bike (which is otherwise pretty much mint, 2500 miles) already has some rust on the top of the downpipe and its retaining bracket. So sick of this happening.

There was a thing in MCM a while ago about ceramic coating, that looked promising, but I've never spoken to someone who's actually had it done.

14. Xir

Xir Modder

Let me guess, Suzuki?

a) buy a Honda

or

b) buy a bike with a stainless steel exhaust

15. boiled_elephant

Both Hondas, sadly. The CG125 was a nightmare - apparently they were much better before they switched to Brazilian manufacturing plants in the 90s. It just rusted right through - three times. Became a predictable biennial purchase.

This one is a CBR 250R. Same thing looks written on the wall, although it's very early stages still. But I can't be cleaning it every night...

16. RTT

RTT #parp

I'm so glad you said that. The amount of things I read where people recommend spraying it on headers etc to keep them corrosion free ... :duh::duh::duh:

17. Xir

Xir Modder

My honest apologies to Suzuki then.

Errr, the last Honda's I had/have are from the early eighties. I painted the exhaust headers and pipes with heat-resistent-black.
    From the Army, so no spraypaint but brushpaint. :D
    This would discolour over the course of a year, but not rust.

That said the exhaust header (and other things) on my CY50 do show the occasional spec of rust, but then I ride it through salted / brined roads in winter.

18. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

My CBR125 doesn't seem to want to start after having stored it the last three months. I checked the spark plug and it was as horrible as the last one I pulled out so i've clearly got some sort of long term fuelling issue, but changing it to a fresh one didn't seem to work. Tested the plug otside the engine and it definitely seems to work (somehow managed to shock myself in the process).

What else should I check? It turns over fine although the lights dim quite a bit while turning over; trying to jump it with my car doesn't seem to make a difference.

19. boiled_elephant

Glancing back over the thread it doesn't look like you've had it that long. Was it on a normal service schedule before going into storage? Any problems before?

20. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Well, when I got it I meant to give it a proper service, but I didn't get round to doing much at all. I think it had been sitting for a while when I bought it. There's a multitude of possible gremlins it could be, but I didn't have any problems when I was riding it, apart from a slightly tempermental gearbox and it clearly running a bit rich.