1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Wonderful person, read his autobiography not long ago. Part of me would like to meet him but part of me would feel bad for imposing on him more of the unsolicited attention that he resents and spends so much of his time trying to avoid! Not to imply that you were imposing on him, of course. I think that if he stood still for a photo, it was because he wanted to; nothing could coerce that man.

Wait, so is the sprocket attached to the swingarm or something? How does it interface with the wheel to drive it? I'm struggling to picture this. (I could google image it, of course, but that wouldn't be in the spirit of things.)

2. Xir

Xir Modder

Who is he, and which one of the two?

....to explain it I would show you the googled image, so search yourself....:D

3. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Well my uncle (who runs the trade stand that photo is taken in) has sponsored him for 7 years so it was pretty chilled. I did get the impression that he didn't relish everyone's attention too much though.

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Guy Martin, legendary road racer, TV personality and all round nice, interesting bloke. Have met him a few times at the North West, he's not one to stand around talking to the fans for long if there's a big crowd of autograph seekers but if you catch him on a quiet Thursday or Friday night in the pits he'll stop and have a bit of craic* with you. :)

He's the one on the bicycle, as usual! :D

*Irish slang for a chat ;-)

Last edited: 19 Jun 2015
  5. Xir

Xir Modder

Ah, I only knew him by name, not by looks.

Thx for clearing that up.

6. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Are there any chopper or bobber riders on Bit? I'm getting drawn towards a bobber for the rest of the summer (nothing too fancy - just a tidyish 650-1100 vtwin for chilling out on) and could do with some good UK based resources.

7. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

[​IMG]

Well just gone an got my self an Harley Davidson mt350e army bike. Been after one a while, and I was gonna spray it all black
    But come across this one. Engine needs some tinkering so it's going to sportax racing for servicing then ita coming to me for the summer, in autum it's going back for an engine upgrade to 650. I''ll have to paint the panniers (not in pick) my self.
    Mrs thinks I'm nuts going for such an old an ugly bike but it's what has made me go and a das course and take up biking.

8. The RAM

The RAM Minimodder

Bit quiet in here isn't it?! People been riding at all in the summer? :)

9. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

I'm quietly crying to myself as my Tracer faces innumerable delays thanks to the Spanish and Gibraltarians being immeasurably lazy and uncommunicative. I still have my XJ6 but it's really starting to show its mileage, plus it's really not too great to take a pillion around twisties.

Ehhh, mañana - The philosophy of Andalucía that is driving me utterly ballistic.

10. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

Got an SV650 been riding daily :p

11. The RAM

The RAM Minimodder

Amazing choice Rhydian! You'll soon get the modding urge...! :thumb:

12. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

I've already dropped it, so i put some new short levers on it, added k&n air and oil filter (well oil filter soon enough) and changed to led all around and switched the relay (used bullet connectors make it easy to switch lights)

Not worth selling the bike (paid £800 for a 2003 with 17k miles) so this one is going to stay with me for ever lol.

omg nearly forgot to post a pic lol

[​IMG]

13. The RAM

The RAM Minimodder

If you paid £800 for that then it's a steal! I paid £2000 for my '04 with 22.5k on the clock. Robbed...!!
    Best 'mod' you can do now is get some good rubber on it. Have you had a play with the TPS yet? :)

14. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

I've already switched the rear tire to conti sport attack 2. Whats the TPS? ^^

15. The RAM

The RAM Minimodder

Have you got a matching pair of tyres? Pretty essential if you're wanting the bike to handle properly and confidently. The Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) is one of the must-do mods for the SV. Did it to mine and the difference was profound, especially at slow speed. I'll link the forum post on the SV forums. Can't go wrong if you follow it exactly. It can be frustrating as it's very sensitive to adjust but it's worth it. Mine was set at 3.6k rpm and got it down to 1500. Perfect! :thumb:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=55459

16. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

Mine seems fine I haven't yet it's waiting to be fitted lol. But the bike handles great leaning in the corners much much further then any bike I've had previously.

I'll try that tps thing but not noticed any issues with slow speed. I actually sit still in traffic moving cm by cm without issues

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

17. The RAM

The RAM Minimodder

If you've no problems at slow speed then a previous owner may have done it already. It helps a lot with the throttle on/off/jerkiness that the SV can suffer with. It's no perfect fix but it helps an awful lot! :)

18. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Odd tyres make for very unpredictable occurrences - it may feel fine but that's exactly when something happens that shouldn't. Swap them ASAP, even more important in rain.

19. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

True but just as soon as I can afford to lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

20. dieharder

dieharder What's a Dremel?

I bought a Honda CBR 600 RR 04 last October. I bought it it had a service history A complete Charging system replace. It ran well during winter. Then May came around then the problems started. The bike died at the petrol station. I didn't know if it was the stator or the reg/ref so I replaced both. Both of them aftermarket, £80 for the RR and £ 80 for the stator.

Then a month later my bike battery was died, I think the RR got to hot, as it placed it so near the headers, It must of taken out the battery. So I got another RR and a new Battery.
    I another month or two goes past unable to turn over. Got a voltmeter 15- 16 Volts over charging the battery.

in 2005 version they have a different casing to protect the RR that covers it fully, So I buy it from the US, It finally comes I didnt install it right a way , Then during the morning the bike dies while riding it.
    I fit the new case, Replace another RR that came with heat shield and a new battery, although the Battery is cheap and chearfully. I install a new RR two weeks ago. Checked the Volts 13.4-14 during 5000 rev.

I go away for 5 days. The battery is 4 volts. The alarm is drained its not working. I try to charge it and nothing.

How long does the data tool alarm stay alarmed with a dead battery ?

Do I get a new battery ?
    Do I get a oem RR ?
    Do I go to to a mechanic the best one is 8 miles away but the bike need to be collected ?
    The honda dealer is 6 miles away and believe is going to cost me an arm and a leg ?

Say if the mechanic does the whole charging system swap would I get a warranty ?