1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. RTT

RTT #parp

Been out in north Wales today, bloody awesome as usual! 100s of bikes out taking advanage of the good weather. Welsh roads in perfect condition despite the winter :)

2. Xir

Xir Modder

Soooo "Solo Competizione" would not be a good markin then? :D

The German MOT (TÜV) guy said, hey thats Italian, must be original :thumb:
    And they're usually horrendously strickt.

3. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

You'll have to give me a shout next time you head up, maybe we can meet up. Which way do you go to get there?

Moriquendi

4. RTT

RTT #parp

Wasn't an all-day epic I'm afraid; I don't think I could do Berkshire->North Wales->Berkshire all in one day. My parents live near Shrewsbury so I usually head up there, stay over then set out the next morning, then stay over again and head back to Berkshire :)

In any case, if you fancy meeting up somewhere near Shrewsbury/Welshpool then I'd be more than happy to do that :thumb:

5. Moriquendi

I was thinking that it would be an awful long way to go in one day. Welshpool or Shrewsbury are do-able for me if you let me know a couple of days beforehand I should be able to make it.

Moriquendi

6. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

Ah my rear tyre has just worn right down, anyone got any bright ideas of what tyre I should get, the size is an annoying one, 130/70-H18, I think I've got Michelin Pilot Activ on atm, just wondering if anyone could think of anything better, I would get something mentioned a few pages back but none of them are in the right size... damn my skinny tires :(

7. Moriquendi

You really need to have a pair front and back, you wouldn't want one type of tyre on the back and a different one on the front. This sucks because it means you may have to replace a tyre when it's not worn out but you have to have similar handling characteristics from both tyres or you'll come a cropper.

It also depends on what kind of riding you do, if it's just for commuting then you probably want something that's going to last well but if you hoon around in the twisties you'll want something with better grip but it won't last as well. What kind of bike you have will also matter.

Moriquendi

8. RTT

RTT #parp

Some manufacturers certify mix-and-match tyres, but unless they say that (or if you really know what you're doing); don't!

9. Moriquendi

New front tyre today and I finally got them to fit a right angle tyre valve so I don't need to carry around an adapter any more:rock:

Moriquendi

10. aradreth

aradreth What's a Dremel?

@Moriquendi

I stumbled across this and I thought you might like it as one of his projects reminded me of your CAD model albeit unfaired. He went and modified a R1200R and made the thing. :jawdrop:

[​IMG]

11. Moriquendi

Yup, I've seen that, I wish more people would do custom boxers. I'm pretty sure I've posted this before but

I want this !!!

Moriquendi

12. aradreth

That thing looks fantastic. I wish I had the skill to make something like that or the money to buy one.

13. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Sweet, it's not everyday when visiting a forum about one of ur hobbies that u find a thread about ur other favourite thing to do. I have a lot of reading to catch up on! Anyways I run a bandit 1200s as my day to day bike, it's a US import and came with a yoshi full system that sounds like rolling thunder when u roll off the throttle, took a bit of getting used to. Then my weekend and track day bike is my 1098 I bought new in 07, which, a bit like my pc, I've spent time tinkering with and customising:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 26 Apr 2010
  14. aradreth

That Ducati must sound fantastic with the Termignoni exhaust and open clutch (there is a stock 1098 near me and it already sounds wonderful so...).

15. RTT

RTT #parp

mmmmmmmmmm :D best looking bikes ever

16. Moriquendi

Lies, all lies, Ducs do nothing for me.

Moriquendi

17. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Moriquendi, I'm curious about that design - why does the curvature of the seat continue so far forward if you're meant to be perched that far back? There're no handles or pegs for pillion (heh...the thought of it) so it can't be for that. And it looks like, in any event, your legs wouldn't be able to reach the pegs without bumping against the engine sticky-outy bits - cylinders? Even with the help of the posture overlay it still looks like your shins would be bumping against them, they're huge and the pegs are almost beneath their rearmost edge.

18. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Aradreth- The termis help alright. But the open clutch cover makes the real racket:D

RTT- There are a lot of very nice bikes around at the mo, anything ktm especially the superdukes or the rc8 I walk by most days, also that new BMW rr that looks pig ugly in pictures is somethin special when it passes by on the street. Think the European bikes definately got the aesthetics down!

Moriquendi- if you've tried a duke and didn't like it then fair enough. If you haven't I'd definately recommend trying one out before writing them off. They definately need a bit more tlc than a jap bike but my god they are somethin special to ride. Their superbikes just exude purpose with no compromise. I've had my fair share of headaches with it but on a twisty road or track there is nothin like it!

Saw some of your earlier comments about spins in wales, hopefully will get to try out some of the roads there when we're over for the motogp. Will be looking for alternate routes from hollyhead to silverstone!

19. aradreth

I'd assume the seat is like that to allow the rider to sit more upright in town and then slide back and tuck in when they hit the faster areas. The engine sticky-outy bits are the cylinders http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxer_twin

20. wst

wst Minimodder

If you can get down to the Brecon Beacons, the A40 is a brilliant road, and Abergavenny is full of bikes ;)

Last edited: 26 Apr 2010