1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Well in southern Ireland we can use whatever visor we want, not sure about the north. Have to say that that's one of the most ridiculous rules ever (not being allowed to wear tinted visors) as they are litteraly life savers in very sunny days. If yis are enjoying the nw200 YouTube kells road racing and jumps to see some crazy stuff. They'll be in in July, can't wait!

2. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

The majority of cops will never pull you for a tinted visor, unless your wearing one at midnight.

I wear a full black visor on my Shoei and never had any bother.

3. Xir

Xir Modder

Not Guess teh Car, nor Guess the Bike, but Guess the Location! :D

And yes, it's snowing, and yes, that was taken three days ago

[​IMG]

4. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

I'm not sure that tinted visors are illegal during the day, I wore a tinted visor when I was doing my CBT and I doubt they would have allowed that if it were illegal. Maybe very dark tints are illegal and I know that tinted visors are illegal during the night. Of course an awful lot of things like this come down to the mood of the copper who stops you.

To be honest I find the sun visor in my helmet to be the best solution because you can change from tinted to clear with the flick of a lever, very useful if you've got sunny and cloudy spells. The only downside is that it fogs up easier than the coated, clear, visor but it's not that bad.

Moriquendi

5. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

My first helmet was one of those shark jobies that had the slide down sun visor that used to fog up. To counter act this it came with this ridiculous mouth and nose piece like a fighter jet pilot that could be worn inside the helmet. What kind of spaceman would I have looked like flipping up the visor to pay for petrol! Might suit someone on hear whos into their flight sims tho. I have a bayliss replica suomy helmet now that has great anti fog guck permanantly on the visor. works a treat and looks far less ridiculous

6. aradreth

aradreth What's a Dremel?

I know the majority don't make a fuss about it but I use a legal one anyway just to minimize the amount of hassle and because the only thing that really bothers me is the strobing effect when riding under trees with the sun at the right angle and I didn't find that tinted visors helped that much.

You can use tinted visors so long as they block less then 50% of the light. If I remember correctly they made the law because they think drivers need to be able to see your eyes (ignoring the fact you can wear sun glasses or have a helmet with a sun visor :duh:).

7. FelixTech

FelixTech Robot

Can anyone tell me the name of this part? I haven't a clue!

[​IMG]

8. RTT

RTT #parp

I've got a dark tint visor but don't like it :( I went for a (legal) smoke tinted one instead - just enough but not too much!

9. Moriquendi

The generic name would be an eye bolt but normally they aren't really designed to have a bolt through the eye. If we're talking motorbike parts then it looks like a chain tensioner / tension adjuster.

I have a new favourite road, the A483 between Llandovery and Llanwrted Wells, great road surface and epic, epic corners interspersed with long straights for overtaking.

This corner in particular is awesome.

Moriquendi

10. Xir

Xir Modder

+1

11. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Dad just took the bike out for a spin with some friends and my hd camera mounted nicely behind the visor yesterday, you'd be a bit buggered if you knocked one of em down, all 6 of 'em are police sergeants / inspector!

Got some good footage, if a bit bouncy and windy, seemed like dad was playing catchup most of the time...

12. RTT

RTT #parp

If I could find a job in mid wales that pays what I earn here, I'd live there. Or the west coast of Scotland for that matter. :cooldude:

13. Moriquendi

You might not say that if you've been here in winter, it's pretty miserable when you don't see the sun for months on end.

Moriquendi

14. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Could well be applying for a learners permit over here in Ireland very soon.

Girlfriend has a Kawazaki ER-50, so going to get insured on that to learn with, hopefully have enough saved up once I have the full license to get myself a Yamaha XJ6. :D

15. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

Gotta love the XJ6 :D
    You thinking of getting a new style one? like from '09, love the aggressive style they have given it. Or an older 1 uh '02 or summut?
    I got a '01 Diversion and it's a great starter bike.

16. RTT

RTT #parp

Love the new XJ6, looks great :) Would be my pick of the naked/budget 600s!

Last edited: 19 May 2010
  17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Would definately be going for the new model.

Up until recently I really didn't give a flying toss about bikes. Saw the review for the XJ6 in the Sunday Times believe it or not and just fell in love.

I have an offer for a brand new XJ6 2009 model for €7K. However, I've found a few showroom models in germany for just over €5K. Would save money that would go towards getting it restricted (Bike license here in Ireland demands it) as well as insurance.

The XJ6 has a PWR of about 0.26 and engine output of 57kW.

Any idea as to how much restrictions cost?

GF did show me a nice Suzuki Bandit 600 Streetfighter setup with a lovely custom paintjob for only €2K though. Still not as nice as the XJ6 however and the mods would drive the insurance through the roof.

18. Xir

Xir Modder

If you want to buy a german model, ask the german dealer about restricting it (including it in the sales price) as the German license model also requires restrictions.

That's the EU for you :D

19. Moriquendi

*Hugs unrestricted 850cc 70hp first bike*

Moriquendi

20. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

Heh my bike is restricted and beats my friends restricted bandit at top speed and acceleration, cus its 20kg lighter :)
    My restrictor cost £70... mental for 4 goddamn washers, but being a newer bike you would probs be able to get from yamaha so it'd be cheaper.
    Oh and I'm 18 years old with 2 years no claim... £170 insurance :D my friends bandit cost £400 insurance.