1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

It's more of a dream at the moment. Just bought a new TV and with my scholarship drying up, it's looking that if things get tighter, I will have to sell my car to repay the loan I got for it. In which case, a bike is right out of the question.

I'd give my left leg for the XJ6 if I had the money, but the offer of the Bandit 6 was presented a short while ago for €550. But, I don't have a licence, then add road tax, insurance, etc...

2. aradreth

aradreth What's a Dremel?

Finally managed to get the money together for a new bike and just pulled the trigger on a ex-demo Street Triple R. :naughty:

3. Xir

Xir Modder

September is quickly dawning upon us, which means it's almost time for me to start on my way to London for the Ace Cafe reunion, in two weeks.
    (It'l take us 3 days to get there so that's why I start about it allready)

Looks like we'll have saturday to spend in London (can't hang around the meet two nights and ALL day), is there anything (if possible motorcycle related) that's a "must see"?

Xir

4. Xir

Xir Modder

Ah I see. That much ey?
    It's just another convenient form of transportation over there. Well that explains the love for reflective jackets. :D

5. Xir

Xir Modder

Getting a new BT023 front tire, as Bridgestone explicitly allows them to be mixed with BT021, and my old BT021 doesn't have enough thread left for the trip to London...
    Shame though, it would have lasted another 1000-1500 km.

That would be my finishing touch preparation wise. Can't wait to go!

6. Xir

Xir Modder

Off to the Ace Cafe today :D
    About a thousand miles of rural roads and tree days time :thumb:

7. Booga

Booga Cuppa tea anyone?

Yay a motorcycle thread.
    Here's mine, been a bit neglected lately. :(

[​IMG]

8. wejjy

wejjy Minimodder

Haha my toy!!

[​IMG]

9. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

Just had my bike, serviced/de-restricted :) tis awesome apart from the fact that I need a new chain and sprocket in the next month :(

10. Xir

Xir Modder

Ace Cafe meet was great...
    ...apart from me spending the day running through London searching for a new Sprocket, as mine lost teeth on the way over.

11. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

Got new chain and sprocket and front bearings now :) gold x-ring chain, bike is running smooth as silk.
    Now as I've just moved to Bristol to uni, I was wondering if anyone knows some good bike roads around this area, as I never bin here before...

12. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Gives credit where its due

LOL, looking at your bikes guys... dribble, Well I'm going to add my baby girl anyway...

Bought her around 3 weeks ago, 500 miles racked up so far, It's only building up my no claims for when im 21 to upgrade to a r6 or something more flashy.

[​IMG]

13. Moriquendi

Moriquendi Bit Tech Biker

I sure do, I was there for uni too.

The A466 along the wye valley is awsome and it doesn't actually take all that long to get to.

This road is pretty cool too and if you go onto winters lane you can stop and watch the planes land/take off.

This road has a couple of nice corners. As does this one.

The A396 down the Ex valley is very nice too and the atlantic highway is awsome.

Moriquendi

14. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

So, need some info...

I'm coming in to some money at the end of the year and I've decided, once I do, I'm going treat myself to a bike.

I don't even have a provisional lisence at the moment so the plan is to go the accellerated access route, because I have access to a decent track.

I've fallen in love with the Honda "hornet" styling so styling so it's down to a post-2007 CB600F or a CB1000R - Group 11 and 15, respectively - Does anyone have any experience with these? And, would anyone hazard a guess at a ballpark figure for insurance? It doesn't need to be accurate just - more than £1000? £2000? £3000? Oh, and I'm 31 now - Had a 125 when I was 17 for a few years with no claims.

Cheers

15. sesterfield

sesterfield What's a Dremel?

<3 love RDs :D

16. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

No feedback on price but hondas are well known for build quality, longevity and reliability. The hornets are rock solid bikes. Pick one with nice mileage for it's year 3-5k per annum and worth considering is a couple of years ago all us Irish were heading to the uk to buy second hand bikes for cheap due to inflated prices over here and now the tables have turned. Fooked economy means that loads of people are trying to get rid of mint bikes for cheap and lots of Briitish riders are coming this way on the ferry to get a deal. Check out donedeal.ie which is the most widely used site over here for selling bikes

17. wiby645

wiby645 Minimodder

hey guys my dad recently had an accident. he was overtaking a lorry and only saw the bollard at the last second. he braked hard (the road still has the skid marks 2 weeks later!!) he hit a sign post and then bounced off the lorry he was trying 2 miss. he suffered a fractured pelvis, but thankfully thats all.
    He did this about 40 minutes after trading in his blackbird for a slower "safer" bike, a kawasaki vn 1600.
    my dad is the safest rider i know, never speeds never takes risks, it just takes one moment.
    im sorry for putting a downer on the forum, but we need 2 look after ourselves.

id like 2 thank Nottingham queens medical centre ward C6 for the work they have done. exactly one week after a fractured pelvis my dad is home, he is even walking with crutches, can manage stairs and look after himself. he is expected 2 make a full recovery in 6-8 weeks.

i dont really have a conclusion 2 this post, but my dads injuries have made me realise that full leathers and a proper helmet can really save ur life

18. Xir

Xir Modder

One of the best looking new 125's, good choice. :thumb:
    Couldn't believe how "grown Up" it looks when I first saw it. (unlike the strangely narrow CBR125)

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  19. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Apologies for resurrecting an old post from a while back but I never responded...

Anyways Xir, this made me lol as I feel ur pain. I or one of my mates can put a tick beside most of ur complaints, I've also had to invest in a second bike with luggage so my missus can get around. Not arsed buying a car as it doesn't fit in the "motorbike lane" on the commute to work. One thing that all ducs definitely have in common is the ability to create a yellowy oily texture on the engine case. I think of it as a feature like a dry clutch! Speaking of dry clutches, that's the 1098's version of ur battery as my bike likes to use one up every 3 years! They're definitely a labour of love!

Last edited: 17 Sep 2010
  20. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Glad to hear ur dad is relatively ok n wish him a speedy recovery! Tbh I wouldn't go anywhere on the bike without full leathers and I cringe when I see lads on bikes wearing runners, if people saw what a 20mph accident can do to their ankles just sliding on tarmac.