1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. Xir

Xir Modder

Last drive was in early January, off to a winter meet (cancelled due to snow...helloooo, it's a winter meet!)
    This week drove it to the garage to get a new Chain and spprockets fitted (wore out the last ones bumbling down to the Ace-Cafe meet)
    The big bike's licenceplate only becomes active again April 1st, which is quite common around here.
    Coincidentally, it's supposed to become a really warm Saturday, so there's going to be a lot of driving done come saturday.

In other words:
    Time for a thread revival!!! :D

2. Ternix

Ternix What's a Dremel?

CLEAR!

*De-fibs thread*

We have a heart beat, that was a close one :D

Been riding to work for a month now and I can say that it is safe for bikers to return to the road if you are scared of a little cold :brrr:

For the new year I bought a new girl, Honda CBF1000A. Lovely bike to have at 21y/o, perfect commuter bike.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 31 Mar 2011
  3. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

the snow is almost gone and i have seen a few brave souls out on their bikes i am so jealous mine is still in storage / getting some work done.

[​IMG]

mine is the one with the ducktape

4. Ternix

Ternix What's a Dremel?

Thought of repairs to fairings makes me shiver as I'm about to send £4000 for the final bike payment this week.

What are you having done to it?

5. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

I have my Mod 1 test on Wednesday, with training this Sunday and the Wednesday morning. Can't wait! Hopefully have my restricted license by the end of this month!

Trying to come to a decision on what do with my first bike. It's either a 250 second hand or a new 600 on finance at the moment. CBF250 second hand for a year then getting a restricted 600 after getting a year's no claims seems to be the most worthwhile option as far as I can see.

EDIT: Bit-Tech ride out anyone? ;)

Last edited: 1 Apr 2011
  6. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

Rebuild the carb, front fork seals, new chain, brakes and pads, and some other rubber bits that I can’t remember because they only cost like $7-$15 (USD)

She will never get new plastics. Finding 21 year old plastic that is affordable is not possible. So ill strip her naked maybe cut the tail off it at some point and just have fun with my first bike.

She’s so ugly but I’m so in love with her

7. Ternix

Ternix What's a Dremel?

I sat on the new CBF250 last week and it is really nice and relaxed and weighs nothing. I would highly suggest against a new 600 on finance as I'm sure you've been told time and time again you will drop it. If you want a 600 get a pre 2000 reg, personally you can have so much more fun on a 250 vs. 600 and learn a lot more, quicker than going big.

And yes a Bit-tech ride would be awesome!

Sound like my first girlfriend :thumb:

Last edited: 1 Apr 2011
  8. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

Serviced the bandit last week then rode it from Wales to donington (after hopping off the ferry) to watch the superbikes. Great weekend. Just bought 70mm termignoni headers to go with my slip-ons on eBay for my 1098, hopefully they'll arrive next week and I'll get them fitted soon after, them track day season starts back in earnest... I love this time of year :)

9. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

I hate you all now. I am wondering whether i made the wrong choice by buying a weekend sports car (due to achy body parts from cold weather falling off bikes etc) A few sunny days and I have started to ponder ..what if .. can I justify it .. lol BUGGERS The lot of ya lol
    Do'h
    Least I wouldnt have to buy new leathers (if they still fit me, and do I try them on and risk being caught dressing up in my leathers and being accused of sneaky bike buying and or just being a pervert) and skid lid etc
    Double Do'h

10. Xir

Xir Modder

+1 :D

11. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Done two sessions of training now, it's becoming second nature. Mod 1 this Wednesday, gonna be good!

12. Xir

Xir Modder

Still gotta buy a screen from skidmarks UK, but they take 20pounds :eeek: shipping to Germany :grr:

13. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

what do you guys in the UK have to do to get your license? In the US if your over 18 you take a written test for your permit (allows you to ride from dawn till dusk, no passenger and you must have a helmet) once you have your permit you can take the riding skills test and get your license.

Or you can take your permit test and take a qualified motorcycle safety class that has the riding test at the end of it. They provide the bike and gas you just need to show up with a helmet and ready to learn.

If you are between 16-18 you must take the permit test and then complete the motorcycle safety class to get your license.

There is no limitation to what kind of bike you can ride depending on how old you are (like there is in the UK I think) helmet laws vary by state so in some you must wear them and in others you don’t have to. And the process may even vary from state to state.

And the motorcycle license is not actually a license it is an endorsement on our driver’s license. You must be licensed to drive a car before you can get you motorcycle endorsement

14. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

15. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

thanks

16. Krog_Mod

Krog_Mod Minimodder

[​IMG]
    There's mine (Kawasaki Ninja EX500 94'), I haven't ridden in a while. I had to dump a lot of time and money into repairing the engine. Some twerp put a wrong size spark plug in before i bought it and when i went to change it i was SOL. So I pulled the engine, got a re-tapping kit and re-tapped the head. The engine just has never been the same and I've not had the money to fix her up properly.

Oh and the fairings are gone because of a wreck at 70mph (took a corner too fast and ended up letting go of the bike). I stuck the headlight and the mirrors on and I liked how it looked so much that I kept it.

Last edited: 6 Apr 2011
  17. Xir

Xir Modder

For Germany:
    you spend about 2000$ and spend about half a year studying and practising, and you're allowed to drive
    (certain restrictions apply depending on age)

In other words, be happy you're in the USA (for as far as driveing licenses are concerned)

18. Nikols

Nikols What's a Dremel?

New exhaust headers arrived during the week, be fitted on Friday then a whole weekend of sunshine, twisties and savage noise... Will have to give bfbc2 a miss for a couple of days!

19. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Passed Mod 1 :D

Got Mod 2 booked for a week Monday. Cannot wait!

20. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

My cousin just had his left hand drive EVO shipped over to Germany. He’s living there now, I should ask him what that took.