1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Motorcycle Mayhem

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 24 Feb 2009.

1. aradreth

aradreth New Member

Oooo very nice RTT I bet that'll be a hoot to ride!

Probably would have picked something else myself though :p

2. aradreth

aradreth New Member

Lovah,

I had a similar accident but I was doing ~60mph when I first started breaking (don't remember what happened apparently I locked the front wheel and went down...) and broke my collar bone/almost wrote off the bike (if the bike hadn't landed on me after it started to flip it would have been a write off). I got back on the bike as soon as I was fit and the weather was good I'm not sure why I decided to carry on though.

However the longer you wait between the accident and getting back on the harder it will be but if you do throw the towel in it is nothing to be ashamed of as I still think about quitting at least once a month.

3. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

RTT....you lucky man.

/jealous.

4. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

I rode back home on my bike after the accident. Went to the doctor this morning for a few vaccination shots and he patched me up as well. Came home with a whole bunch of anti-infection gel's, patches and clean patches etc.. have to refresh it two times a day for half a week and then 1/day for another week.

I was pretty good this morning, but am pretty swelled up right now.. hip turned purple/blue and knee doubled in size. Foot hurt alot this morning but seems to have gotten a bit better though.

I don't want to get rid of the bike as I love riding.. I'm just concerned it will happen again and that it will end worse then it did last night.

arghhh... sorry for the rambling I'm not really focused, feel a bit nauxious.

5. The RAM

The RAM Member

Lovah, that sucks man! Hope you get better soon and feel able to get back on the bike!

RTT - That bike seems mental! You're going to have quite a bit of fun I suspect on that! I absolutely adore Ducati! Some of the most beautiful bikes ever I think. Though I'm no superbike guy, the Panigale is just beyond belief! Gorgeous!

6. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Well-Known Member

Someone literally tried to squash me earlier, all because I looked at him because he was on his phone as I passed him.

And the best part is I caught it all on camera.

Oh, and yes, it's definitely going on YouTube.

Edit-

Last edited: 27 Feb 2012
  7. EvilMerc

Delete - Double post

Last edited: 26 Feb 2012
  8. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Oh yes, car drivers seem to have a massive issue with two into one merges.

I commute alongthe local bypass every morning and there's one in both directions. I don't know why, but some car drivers notice that the second lane is about to run out and try to pass the bike by running over the hatchings and double whites.

I always check mirrors and over my shoulder then prepare the horn if someone looks like they're going to chance it. In such an event I make like a Parisian.

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Nothing wrong with your riding there EvilMerc. I probably would've gone past at 70 just to be sure, but that's a minor point. What he did was totally stupid - right across the chevrons and then the double white lines too.

10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

:hehe:

11. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 New Member

I can't recommend enough getting back on the beast after you've had an accident. It actually applies to anything where you end up getting injured and make a full recovery. In terms of confidence it's a massive boost to confront what is bothering you. Fear isn't the right word in this situation i don't think.

I had a nasty bike accident 4 years ago that resulted in my right femur getting broken in 4 places. 10 days in hospital, 6 weeks on crutches and physio later I got back on the bike and rode for another year before deciding to stop and I regret stopping. I now need to re-do my CBT and all that jazz so I can ride again.

In my case the difference was the accidnt was my fault. I clipped a set of temporary traffic lights in poor light after doing a 11pm - 7am shift. In short I shouldn't have been riding.

I'd have to echo Aradreth. I think about the accidnt every time I drive down the road where it happened. It still makes me squirm remembering it but it's just something else to learn from. Confront the beast and live life. Biking is far too much fun to be scared out of doing it!

12. EvilMerc

There is further to that incident, I overtake both him and the lorry at about 75mph and very, very nearly side swipes me....twice. Once when I pass him, the second time when I've pulled in past the lorry. The first time he's easily within two feet of my rear wheel.

Do you reckon I'd be okay putting that on youtube or would the speed limit infringement put me in a bad position, bearing in mind slow back down to about 65mph?

Also bear in mind my power restriction, it was really making itself known on that hill in that gear, otherwise I'd have blasted off straight after.

13. julianmartin

I wouldn't personally worry about 75mph indicated. It has to be on calibrated equipment to prove a speeding ticket, or be so far over the limit on your speedo that it is speeding without question, and 75mph is not that.

14. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Gives credit where its due

interesting, Lovely voice you sound pretty hot.

What sort of bike are you riding there? looks tiny like a 125 then you mentioned 75 and i was like couldn't be... :p

15. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

EvilMerc.. I wonder if the Police would be interested? Probably not, but they see someone do that themselves and I'd imagine the lights would be on in a heartbeat.

16. RTT

RTT #parp

Best advice I can offer - when this happens, just pull over and let them carry on into the distance so that they can't endanger you any more, it's not worth being anywhere near them.

I had a similar thing. I was following a silver Golf down an A road for maybe 10 miles or so. It was doing 70-ish, ie, going quite quickly for a car on an A road so I left a big gap between us as I was also happy at that speed - long day, tired, couldn't be bothered, just wanted an easy ride home.
    I'd go so far as to say the car was in the distance - I wasn't even really following it. Big straight comes up, I'm bored of 70MPH (contrary to earlier statement) and open it up a bit, eventually catch the car and as I move over to overtake it, it swerves right across into the right hand lane to try to take me out. Absolutely no reason for doing it - I was shocked more than angry. Still can't understand why they did it to this day :sigh: After that I stopped, sorted myself out and never saw it again - probably for the best :blah:

Yep, Red, used. Full termi system too :cooldude:

17. julianmartin

Tom, you up for coming out for a ride with The Ram and I? You aren't so far from us, I'm petersfield and Ram is chichester, we could meet in the middle!

18. aradreth

aradreth New Member

It is a xj-6 diversion f

19. EvilMerc

Close, but no cigar.

It's a S, not a F.

Also, I'm questioning whether or not to upload the second half, here's a screen grab from the worst part...

[​IMG]

20. aradreth

aradreth New Member

Bugger. Out of curiosity do you know what is the difference is between the S and F?