1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Motorola announces WiMAX hardware

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 Feb 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

faster then your average fast, whoever come up with that slogan needs to be fired

3. hughwi

hughwi Well-Known Member

even your mis-quote is better than their official line! hehe, if i were motorola, i would hire you! seriously, where do they think they are going with this?

4. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

wimax is starting where i live. expensive though.

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Motorola's not making phones anymore? It looks like they've got a fairly extensive line atm...

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

If it comes to fruition, in that WiMAX overtakes 3G, I can see my car suddenly gaining a WiMAX ariel..

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

I've not been involved in the news this morning as I was out looking at offices and in meetings finalising the details for this, but I can say that no, they're definitely not leaving the mobile phone industry just yet - this link is pretty conclusive: http://www.motorola.com/consumer/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=e4498e22a0b2b010VgnVCM1000008206b00aRCRD

They dropped from #2 to #3 in the world after handset sales dropped by 38 percent last year and the CEO is now overseeing the business himself. I reckon they might sell it off eventually though...

Sorry for any confusion - I have updated the story!

8. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

ya Im looking forward to WiMax here in the states but it will probably be at the end of the year before I see it in my area :(

9. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

I don't know how widespread Now is but there is coverage at our school which a lot of people use to bypass the silly school internet.

Its a good system, though for some reason it takes a few hours from the box having been moved to the internet being back at full speed.

10. Nictron

Nictron Member

WiMax is also a big thing here in South Africa because it is so much cheaper and easier to implement for the last mile. But everyone has been dabbling around it and nothing special has happened. I can only dream I suppose!

Tags: Add Tags