1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Mounting Rads and fans configuration

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 14 Oct 2020.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I agree, the kit was pretty much an AIO.
    If they carried it on to improve it like Corsair did with the H100i, integrating the pump into the block, then TT could of been the dominant market leader very early on.

Either way, it helped shape the market and bring the products we have today, bring watercooling to a larger audience for those that don't feel competent enough to build their own waterloops. :happy:

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I do wish they'd continued the cases with integrated rads too, as some of those wre really interesting concepts!

3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Hardline almost finished. Awaiting a 90° angle to fit the hardline to the pump. That should of arrived today in the post.
    Also need the CPU to know where the block sits to trim down the pipes to make it all look square.

So if anything looks off, it's cause the block is lose making the pipes move out of line.

[​IMG]

I must have missed those cases somehow??

4. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

5. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Mad how the picture captures that coolant mid-flow - looks like it just disappears into the case :p:

For what it's worth since you seem all set now, there was a video I saw not too long ago (can't remember if it was Linus or someone else) where they measured outgoing air temps with rads as either intake on front or exhaust (poss on roof) and they came up with only a degree or three variation in temps. It did however depend on where your GPU was exhausting - out of the case clearly being better than blowing inside. What you've done is probably what I would try and add Crapman's suggestion about the rear fan switcheroo.

My mentality has always been cool air intake over rad with decent exhaust system = good, but that may be psychological. Used to use long twisty-ties (like for sandwich bags) or those rubber fan mounts to test out different locations without having to screw/unscrew things constatntly. From memory, CPC's testing quite a few issues back showed if exhaust was prioritised over intake, temps were lower but dust ingress was higher and vice versa. Obviously having the right filtering in place makes a big difference.

Guest-44432 likes this.