1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Mouse wont click on certian items on first start up

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by thelaw, 23 Oct 2014.

1. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

Problem: When i first start my pc for the day my mouse wont work correctly, i can click on icons in the screen but i cannot click anything within the window itself IE google loads but i cannot get it to go to favorites or even click into the search bar nor close it down. I can click on the start icon for a reset and move across to bring up the shut down options but it wont let me click those either.

Current solution: i have to manually shut down with the power button and turn it back on and it works fine every time after this.

Possible cause: Fecking Mrs decided to move the computer around and change things in the lounge...she did remove the mouse and keyboard from the USB port and its possible she put it into another...but really this should not have made a different which USB port the mouse went back into, changing it to another has not sorted it anyhow?

Permanent Solution: - Thats where you come in..

2. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

I vaguely remember something being fickle like that in the past. I think I unplugged it. Un-installed the drivers and anything related to it. Restart. Install them again. Then plug it in.

If no one else more experienced replies you could always format the computer and start afresh :p