1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Moving master socket

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by timmehtimmeh, 6 Aug 2013.

1. timmehtimmeh

timmehtimmeh Minimodder

I'd like to move my master socket from one corner of a.room to another.

BT are after 200 to do this so I'd like to do it myself.

I don't have a punch tool for pushing wires on to the connectors in the box. Does anyone know if a small screw driver is also up to the job?

Also, would this be a very hard job or not? Is it any harder than wiring in an extension socket from the master socket?

Thanks

Iain

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

2. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

You can use a knife blade to push them in but you can buy a tool for like a fiver.

If you buy one get the krone style one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000Q84THG

The other styles all suck, trust me on this
    Also don't go for the cheapest of the cheap sockets get excels or something.
    The amount of issues I've seen when people installed cheap sockets is ridiculous

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

3. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

If you do it yourself and BT find out you could still be stung with the the charge and more, as technically you are not allowed to touch the master socket or move it. Remember if you balls it up and BT have to fix it then you'll get stung even more.

You can however install an extension. If you have a moden NTE then you can add the extension to the extension port in the master socket (use cat 5 for a better signal).