1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Mozilla Firefox1.0PR VS I.E 6

Discussion in 'Software' started by TheForumMonkey, 7 Oct 2004.

1. TheForumMonkey

TheForumMonkey What's a Dremel?

I have both these browsers installed, and I am wondering what your oppinions are on which is best.

To me firefox seems to be more secure and have more functionality, it's maybe a bit more aesthetically pleasing, speed doesn't seem an issue they load relatively the same.

As for I.E, I have used it for years and know not alot about using it, is there plugins? can I skin it, how does it compare to firefox?

And can I ask is there a way to make the google bar in firefox search uk google?

2. Ben

Ben What's a Dremel?

yep click the logo and then go to "add engines"
    or here

firefox pros::
    lots of extensions
    no popups
    can block adverts

ie pros::
    some pages work better in it (coded pages that use ie features and not standard).

Ben

3. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

TAB ****EN BROWSIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111
    :p

if you only install one extension for firefox make it Tab Browser Extensions :)

4. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

i personally prefure firefox to ie 6 ... and yea i think some sites do work better in ie, but thats only because they were designed in them.

5. TheForumMonkey

thanks for the feedback, mozilla is looking better

6. sp_1000

sp_1000 What's a Dremel?

Not IE

7. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

LOL Firefox is the total bomb.....its the best browser ive ever used..... :rock:

8. GMan

GMan Minimodder

I was a diehard Netscape user - I've used it since it pushed Mosaic out.:sigh:
    Hated having to switch to IE just to visit certain sites that were "optimized" for IE. Tried the Mozilla products periodically over the last few years but they've been lacking. I switched to Firefox with the Version 1.0 preview release and all I can say is....... IT ROCKS!!

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Mozilla "Sunjackal" (as it is currently known on this machine :p) is bloody fantastic tbh. One if not the best download i've made in a long time. :thumb:

10. TheForumMonkey

I'd now have to possibly agree after a day or so using it, much better i think.

11. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

i hate having to use only IE at college.buggers me up when i'm trying to surf the net.IE6 is crap. Mozilla LightningSquid all the way.

12. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

13. Longtalltechsan

Longtalltechsan What's a Dremel?

problem with firefox

I love using firefox on my work computer but am having a problem with it on my home computer. I have downloaded and installed it several times and continue having this problem. The website seems to bounce. It goes up and down. The whole window doesn't do it, just the website. Anyone know what I am talking and/or have this same problem? I am running win xp home (for now) and cant understand this problem.

Thanks.

14. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

There's a possibly similar effect a few people have seen (including me). Clicking a link, either the page jumps or the mouse cursor jumps a line, and a second click is needed.

Some possible fixes http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=117744&highlight=bounce

Nobody claims Firefox is bug-free... ;)

15. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

how do i get rid of IE?my IE is full of spy/walware and its F***ing with my game of Richard Burns Rally. i've tried removing it from 'add/remove windows components' but it still returns.

16. sheardjr

sheardjr Minimodder

Last edited: 14 Mar 2013
  17. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

Get rid of your spyware with something like Ad-aware, then just try and forget about IE. Delete all your shortcuts to it. You *cannot* delete it, and you have Mr Gates to thank for that. Indeed, you can never stop using it 100% (unless you switch to a better OS ), as some things in Windows (such as the Help system) actually use IE's libraries. Bad huh!?

Tags: