1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MSI A88XM gaming mobo usb issue

Discussion in 'MSI UK' started by C3PU, 20 Dec 2014.

1. C3PU

C3PU What's a Dremel?

I brought an MSI A88XM gaming motherboard from scan computers a couple of weeks ago, I have just moved into my partners and havent had a lot of free time recently but when I go to use my system the usb 3 ports seem to not be working... I only have usb2 devices but nothing is happening when I plug keyboard, mice or game controllers in...

I need to reinstall my windows as I have changed my hardware from a am3+ socket system to FM2, could the clash of new and old drivers be causing this issue?

I am also getting blue screen codes like bccode 50 and 1a.. I am using the same memory and everything else and i never had these problems before.. the only things that are new is my processor and motherboard..

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. creative

creative 500rwhp

re install windows.

Sometimes you get lucky with hardware changes but I would always re install windows if the mobo AND processor are changed.

Im amazed you got it to boot tbh!

3. C3PU

C3PU What's a Dremel?

yeah im thinking i might go windows 8 whilst im at it..
    Will get that done tonight hopefully and I will update... I am really hoping thats all it is.

Thanx