1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware MSI GTX 285 HydroGen OC Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 9 Jul 2009.

1. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

yeah, great review but really ugly card imo.

2. logan'srun

logan'srun following the footsteps of giants

what I thought was most interesting was the 4c delta from idle to load. Must be one killer block.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

There's the Asus one coming..

4. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc New Member

That's an amazing conclusion. I look at page 13 when the water cooled nvidia card is finally overclocked, and comparing the frames to the 4870x2 results on page 5 for the same game at the same rez and settings, the 4870x2 LOSES, scoring a 44.0, while the GTX285 TAKES THE WIN with 50.7 frames.
    LOL
    ---
    It is amazing to me how badly nearly the entire internet is filled with ati red rooster card slant articles. I talk to some of those raving reds sometimes, and what eventually comes out is their intense hatred for NVidia, for some reason they state - one was "hurting the schoolchildren because die substrate on some laptop cards was faulty and NVidia fixed the situaton by replacing the fan with one more powerful." Then the person went on a raving ranting loonfest telling me he would like to beat nvidia reps to death after telling them how to properly do their jobs.
    ---
    It's funny, on the last page - the conclusion in this article, the author whines about the GTX285 not being overclocked out of the box, pretending that someone using water cooling is not inherently an overclocking fanatic, especially with this high end of a card. He babbles on that "if overclocking is your thing you might like this card".... that even as on the same single page showing the massive overclock even the dissing tester got out of it - the author compares it only to itself.
    LOL
    IT BEAT THE 4870X2 BY QUITE A LOT - all you have to do is look at the info the author provided, but covered up with separation and complaints.
    If find the bias and predjudice quite amazing- and it is nearly everywhere.
    Why does the article put up the 4890 xxx TOXIC, and a 4870x2, but no overclocked 285 and no 295 ? I know why, we all know why, but then again lying and hating is just the way some people are, always, and they never come clean. What comes next is another pile and bale of total horse crap, no doubt.
    ATI has been losing a BILLION a year, every year, while NVidia has made a profit - so don't believe that crap about the smaller ati core making them money, or causing nvidia to collapse.
    Those dorks yakking up that red lie never thought for a second the card manufacturers might pay ATI substantially less for the tiny hot core they know costs less to make than the giant hated "brute force" nvidia core. LOL THEY HAVE FLUNKED DAY 1 OF GRADE SCHOOL ECONOMICS as they cheered and jeered stomping around lying for ati.
    It's amazing how STUPID the great geeky headed fans are.
    Have a nice day - hopefully your eyes were opened a bit.

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

^ Wow, what a funny read.
    I have no idea where you got your impressions from but it'd be nice if you could've put it in nicer words, y'know? I think the guys working for BT & CPC know a tiny bit about what they're writing. But then again, maybe I'm just a "great geeky headed fan" of BT, eh? :p

6. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc New Member

It doesn't matter what they know, obviously, it's what they don't know or can't realize that is the problem. Begging for niceness after I run into the same crap over and over is a lost cause.
    You know "these guys" that work for this pplace ? NO, YOU LIKELY DO NOT.
    You're just another, who doesn't give a rats how often you're lied to.

7. SiliconDoc

SiliconDoc New Member

Check the overlcocked page on the WATERBLOCKED card, it's near dead last, right before the whining ending - and you'll see the 4870x2 LOSES EVERY GAME TEST.
    Thank for playing, and being utterly duped.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You...what? eh?

:confused:

What review are you reading? Do you even read what you write?

Every single one of your posts since December last year is anti-ATI in every single aspect, even when other people point out your mistakes you flame them. It's amazing we've tolerated your trolling this long to be honest considering your contributions. Surely if we were trying to hide something, we'd have removed you long ago?

:)

Honestly, it amazes me why you have to expel the effort because everyone just thinks you're a blinded by fanboy lunacy. Try SLIZone, they'll love you there. ;)

9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Did you really have attack me? :sigh:

We should introduce a minimum age here. Seriously.

//edit: Just for the record: I DON'T BLAME THIS ONE ON CHEAPS! ;)

10. Action_Parsnip

Action_Parsnip New Member

OH MY GOD! this R-tard has invaded bit-tech now has he?! To those not familiar with this fool, silicondoc is originally on anandtech.com trolling around with nothing to say and defending it to the death. Please get rid of him otherwise #EVERY#
    graphics article is gonna have 2 dozen posts telling you your all biased and the review is terrible. Not to mention the 'what hardware should i buy' articles.

To SiliconDoc: you have no idea what your talking about at any point in time and i'll happily proove it to you.

Many Thanks,

Action_Parsnip

11. Action_Parsnip

Action_Parsnip New Member

???? theres only 1 game tested on the overclocking page :S besides, waterblocked isnt a word, and neither is it one when written in capital letters.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Just ignore the troll, AP, he wasn't serious.

Tags: Add Tags