1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards MSI P67A-GD55 (B3) Won't POST

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Necrow, 19 Mar 2012.

1. Necrow

Necrow Minimodder

So I have my gaming rig with around 1 year. Never had any issues. System spec is as follows:

Case: Corsair Obsidian 800D
    Mobo: MSI P67A-GD55 (B3)
    CPU: Intel i5 2500K @4.6
    Mem: 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
    SSD: OCZ Agility 64GB
    Storage: Samsung F1 1TB
    PSU: OCZ 600W
    GPU: Zotac GTX470 1.5GB

So yesterday I was just after starting a game of BF3 and next thing the PC turned itself off and went to reboot like it used to do if the overclocking failed. Thought nothing of it really and let the PC reboot. Then it just kept going in a reboot cycle.
    So I powered off and back on and noticed the PC doesn't go to POST at all and the USB are not powered. Everything else seems to be powered - GPU, Fans etc...

I have cleared the CMOS and removed the battery for a while and still the same issue. Does this sound like the Mobo just failed? :wallbash:

Thanks,

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

aye not good.. you can test the psu with an ohmmeter and make sure the voltage is reading right on the rails- if that's good take it out the case.. narrow things down on a table using the minimum hardware, 1 stick of memory at a time.. you can usually rule the cpu out right away- almost never happens.. but memory, mb, gpu, usb device, or even your harddrive

3. Necrow

Necrow Minimodder

Ya I'm going to have to start from scratch and get a loan of a PSU and test the components one by one.

4. Necrow

Necrow Minimodder

All fixed :)

5. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

What was wrong?

Tags: