1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News MSI ships fixed Sandy Bridge motherboards

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 25 Feb 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat New Member

2. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

Good for them!

When are Asus going to announce?

3. thelaw

thelaw New Member

I would imagine they will as soon as they the stuff on the way via the "boat"...it will also be a bit of a race to grab some market share as well given that if MSI can stock new B3's people may buy them rather than wait for say Gigabyte/asus etc to stock - so you should see the other board makers shipping soon..assuming they have enough built..

If Msi state state "all being well, we hope to have stock at our key resellers during the week commencing 7 March.’" then the others will likely announce next week too some time.

4. Floyd

Floyd Wire Twister

Cmon Gigabyte!!!

5. Spectrator

Spectrator New Member

ASRock also announced shipping of new boards few days ago.

6. Gradius

Gradius IT Consultant

7. Sleepstreamer

Sleepstreamer I modded christmas!

8. Salty Wagyu

Salty Wagyu moo

Just saw on Scan that the new models are identified by having -B3 at the end of the model names (Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3). Good way to be sure you're getting the revised boards :)

9. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

The store where I bought my P8P67, says that we have to deliver the "bad" boards until the end of May, I might stretch my RMA to see if I can get a trade-in (mobo+money) and buy a Z68 motherboard :p

10. MSHunter

MSHunter Well-Known Member

what will be interesting to see is how the main e-tailers handle thier overclocked bundles with this board.

11. thelaw

thelaw New Member

All customers who already own any ASUS product affected by the design error identified by Intel® can have it replaced free of charge between 2011/03/01 and 2011/06/30.:confused:

Eh...so you have three months only to return your boards and then that is it?

Gee i am getting mine sorted on the 1st then.

12. Palmski

Palmski New Member

I also notice that the board I was interested in getting (Asus P8P67 LE) is listed as being £15 more expensive on scan for the "Rev3" version. I'm hoping that's a mistake and not an indication of an impending price gouge across the board for the fixed boards.

13. thelaw

thelaw New Member

Yip, i would suggest Palmski the prices will actually go up, most of the board prices you had been seeing recently were introductory launch prices from Jan to get people buying sandybridge boards and cpu's however the prices were actually expected to go up gradually up after a few months it usually does.

Then until the issue regarding the chips came in, most retailers then had to keep the prices at the same launch price to get rid of the stock.

However i expect the new boards will come out with a higher price tag and climb further for a bit not because they are "fixed" but because it was the price they would have slowly moved up to anyhow given they are the best and latest hardware out there..with nothing threatening sandybridge from AMD intel can pretty much dictate prices...

Your likely to see the sandybridge cpu chips go up in price soon as well.

14. Palmski

Palmski New Member

Bah humbug, makes me wish I had actually bought a "defective" board instead, I won't need the SATA ports at risk of failure. Sounds like I won't be able to get a sub-£100 P67 board after all without sitting and waiting for a year or so.

Chalk one up to experience....

15. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

whoever shouted for gigabyte to come on, they are shipping the new boards as well

16. Palmski

Palmski New Member

Well Scan now has the B3 version of the Asus board I wanted in stock, and others too. Get in before the price goes up even more then I guess!

17. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

18. Palmski

Palmski New Member

Yeah seems to be a 15% hike across the board, but the headline news is that some B3 boards are in stock and more have availability dates of next week. Somewhat earlier than expected but good news. Mine should be arriving Monday ;)

19. glendronach

glendronach New Member

Tags: Add Tags