1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News MSI UK Offering Free Corsair H75 Cooler And Cashback With Z97 Gaming Boards

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 8 May 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Staff Super Moderator

2. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Member

Damn I just bought an H105 and two SP120 fans while waiting for the Z97 boards to come out ! Oh well i'm only looking for mini ITX boards just now so no big loss really. What a bargain for anyone looking at a normal ATX build though !

BT - The Dabs link takes you to Novatech.

Last edited: 8 May 2014
  3. Hustler

Hustler Well-Known Member

OK, I was going to order stuff for my new Z97 build in June, but this is too good a deal to miss out on, so I'll order the Gaming 7 bundle on Monday.

It's going to be torture having a shiny new Mobo & water cooler just sitting there for a month.with no CPU to go in it though.((

4. Combatus

Thanks - fixed! YEah the mini-ITX gaming board does look tasty doesn't it?

Nice one Hustler :D The new CPUs are hopefully worth waiting for - with the better core/IHS attachment I'm hoping for Sandy Bridge overclocking and thermals but we'll see :D If you're desperate you could pick up a pentium - they're less than £40 at some places atm. Then keep as a spare or sell it.

5. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Member

Actually I was planning to buy a MSI Z87 MITX board before the tangible news of the new Z97 boards became a close reality. And I do actually prefer these to the top end ASUS boards just now, Tasty - Hell Yeah!

6. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Sadly rumors say the vanilla Haswell refresh isn't all we may have hoped.
    http://wccftech.com/intel-core-i7-4790-haswell-refresh-processors-previewed/
    I'm not even sure they are using the better core/IHS attachment on the non K series.

7. Combatus

You mean in terms of raw performance increase - well maybe not but till we get our mits on the we won't know for sure- but they didn't test a K-series chip. It's the overclocking potential I was referring to ;) Also there's little need for better thermal transfer for non K-series CPUs - it's only when you're gunning for high overclocks, ie 4.4GHz and above that heat can build up.

Tags: Add Tags