1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks MSN Messenger killing my BT broadband...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SECRETCOMMANDO, 14 Mar 2005.

1. SECRETCOMMANDO

SECRETCOMMANDO What's a Dremel?

Hi all.

I'm having problems with my ADSL when using MSN Messenger or Trillian 3.0. Whenever i'm connected using either of these two programs my connection will drop and I will have to turn off my comp and unplug the power [pressing the reset button won't work] to my Westell Adsl Ethernet Modem and then plug it back in 30 seconds later.
    These are the only programs I have problems with in this regard. There are no problems with using the net or playing games online for example.

I figure it maybe a setting within the hardware firewall that is part of the Westell Modem/router I'm using. Unfortunately I have no idea what setting it maybe that causes my line to be dropped like this. I have made sure that the ports for MSN are open, at least the one that I think it uses. There's just the one right?

Anyhelp would be appreciated as I can no longer use these programs due to the dropped line I inevitably get when I do so.

Thanks in advance :D

2. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

Have you run a boot time virus scan with a good antivirus progam like kaperspy or avast! ? There's many, many viruses at the moment running through MSN that may be screwing with your computer.

3. CraZy

CraZy Cöstom úser tætel

I have similiar problem but my conection goes down if I send files through msn

Tags: