1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Multi Monitor Issues

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Rizzo, 29 Jan 2009.

1. Rizzo

Rizzo What's a Dremel?

Right then I have some rather odd issues with Vista and setting up two monitors. I will try to explain the multiple issues I'm having as best as I can as it is a bit tricky trying to explain.

Dell 2408WFP using Display Port cable - Primary Monitor
    LG 32" TV using a HDMI to DVI cable - Secondary Monitor
    Vista Business 64bit

It seems when I set the two monitors up all works great but when I want to watch a film I stick it on my TV, and then switch off my Dell to enjoy the film. But it seems when I switch it off Vista detects it and makes the TV the primary monitor, moving the task bar etc. over of course I then have to re enable the Dell monitor and leave it on so it doesn't do this.

Next problem is when I turn off my PC and come to boot without the TV on or sometimes with it on the Dell monitor decides it only like the resolution 1920x1080 not 1920x1200.

I have tried Ultramon to configure the set-up in that but it seems to give me more weird problems with turning one monitor off and another one on.

After some more tweaking I have changed the Display Port cable on my Dell to a HDMI to my GFX card and there appears to be no issues.

If anyone can shed some light on Display Port cable issues would be great.