1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Multiplayer cut from Prototype

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 31 Mar 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

great! so they cut more than half the value of the game, especially in a game like this.

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

The game itself is a huge undertaking, I can't believe it would have been that hard to put co-op in :(

4. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

I'm glad they cut it out, I don't agree with what DXR said at all. I would far rather have the single player actually be good than them waste time on a half assed multiplayer to please some stupid kids. Multiplayer is overrated, every game DOES NOT need it.

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

now i dare you to say that with UT games and CoD4.

6. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Brave move, but good all the same.

7. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

He said every game does not need it, not that no games should have multiplayer.

It is too bad they cut co-op, but how a game like this would have been pulled off multiplayer I don't know. Stick players in a tiny corner of the map and have them battle their superpowers against each other? Crysis tried this. It failed. You end up with pure madness. This would have been another game that leaves me with a foul taste in my mouth and tainted memories of how good the SP was.

8. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

If it means a better SP gaming experience then i dont see a problem as such, But seeing as co-op/MP was originally promised im guessing that they would be added via patches/updates at a latter time? If thats the case then surely it just adds weight to the whole "are games shipping unfinished" debate?

9. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I don't mind multiplayer not being included, but I would question the lack of a co-op mode. Games are much better when played socially as opposed to antisocially :p

10. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

There are multilayer games and there are single player games, rarely do these combine together to give something that is as good on both sides as it would have been if they concentrated on just one.

11. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

i bloody will say that about cod4, its a mess of grenades thanks to the mytrdom querk. The only decent multiplayer games are those built for multiplayer from the start, see TF2, Battlefield 2, UT. Yes i know battelfield and ut had singleplayer modes, but the main reason they were made was for multiplayer, and likewise i wouldn't waste my time on the singleplayer for those games

12. koola

koola Minimodder

You mean Starcraft then :D

Multiplayer is what keeps games a live for longer. They might as well delay the release date and implement co-op well than not at all.

13. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

Bioshock was good while it lasted. But i agree multyplayer is what a game lasts on.

14. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Yes, yes I do, Starcraft Cheesecake

Tags: Add Tags