1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Multiple Black Screens in football manager 2011

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Dean R, 23 Jan 2011.

1. Dean R

Dean R What's a Dremel?

I've decided to post this in this forum due to the lack of support I have got from any Football Manager forums, as you guys are probably more tech savvy.

The problem is I keep getting black screens when trying to play the game on my Acer Aspire 5738DZG laptop.

These occur when trying to change the resolution, trying to put the game in windowed mode, accessing the scout menu, and most annoyingly when attempting to exit the game. They may occur in other situations too but I can't get far enough without it happening. (Update: It just happens about a minute after loading the game now).

The screen simply goes black, no error messages. Pressing the windows button, or Ctrl + Alt + Del do not work. I have to turn the laptop off and on again.
    Most issues I have seen with other people getting black screens is just when they try playing the game for the 2nd time.

Following tips found on Google, I've deleted the Sports Interactive folder inside the hidden AppData folder, but it hasn't made a difference. I've updated directx and my graphics card drivers but to no avail. Updated to the latest patch, again no difference. A bit baffled as to what it might be.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. daveh84

daveh84 What's a Dremel?

Do all other games you play work without any similar issues to this? Have you only recently installed Footy Manager, or have you been running it for ages without problems? Remove and reinstall the game along with the latest patch to see if it helps. Its a long shot but the CD might be scratched or dirty so take a look at that too.

3. Dean R

Dean R What's a Dremel?

Well it is my dad's laptop so I haven't used it for gaming much, just borrowing it while im home. I've played x3 reunion on it without issues, it just seems to be football manager 2011. Football manager 2010 runs fine.

In the process of reinstalling it now, will see if it makes a difference.

4. daveh84

daveh84 What's a Dremel?

Have you made sure the laptop meets the games minimum requirements? My mate recently bought FM11 and his laptop wasn't having none of it. Was a pretty crap laptop though.

5. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

Laptop meets the minimum requirements easily, the only I can suggest is to update the graphics drivers, (not from windows update) try that and then post back.