1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Multiple Fans on Fan Controller Channel

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rofl_Waffle, 8 Jun 2010.

1. Rofl_Waffle

Rofl_Waffle What's a Dremel?

If I stick a Y cable in a fan controller would that control both fans without current being split in half and the two fans only be able to run at a maximum of half speed?

The thing is, I can't find a 6 channel fan controller with those LCD displays and my current one is too simple for my liking.

2. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Both would be able to run at maximum, but make sure the fan controller can control at least 6W per channel, or you'll end up burning it out.

3. Rofl_Waffle

Im looking at a Zalman MFC3 which does 0.7A over 12v which is 8.4W per channel

Would I have to worry about blowing out the controller when maxing two fans on a single channel?

4. Xonar

Xonar What's a Dremel?

Depends on the speed of the fans.

If you're looking for a good controller that can run multiple fans from each channel look at the sunbeam Rheobus fan controller, it has 20W per channel so you could run 3-4 fans on each channel if you wanted, the extreme version has 30W per channel IIRC but considering the regular one has 4x20W channels, it's a bit OTT for the average user.

5. Rofl_Waffle

Im looking for something with an LCD screen. As I said before, I am trying to replace my 6 channel fan controller with something more extravagant but there doesn't seem to be a 6 channel controller on the market that sports a LCD screen with useless information.

6. PhoenixTank

PhoenixTank From The Ashes