1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Mumble Meet September 2012

Discussion in 'General' started by MrDomRocks, 4 Aug 2012.

1. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

To some this won't be of interest. But at the end of September there is going to be a meet up with various Aria & Bit Tech members. Most have been gaming together across the communities for a long time.

Some of you guys may have gamed with us and others maybe not so much. But that isn't a problem.

This meeting is taking place in London. To be specific we will be gaming on Saturday 29th September at GamerBase. Some of us are stopping London over the weekend. This is so we can go out and get hammered whilst there.

DLDeadbolt will be in attendance. And WyX is also making an appearance. I was asked by WhiteRider to post on Bit Tech and invite others to come along. (Parge I am looking at you)

This is an unofficial Mumble Meet and Official Aria meet up. I believe Mr Aria himself is also attending.

2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Possibly interested.

Any costs involved and what games will we be playing / I presume the systems will already be there.

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Gamebase has loads of systems ready to use. I believe we will be playing BF3 and BC2 as well as other CO Op games.

Though I don't know exact specifics I know that there will be a competition taking place. Winning players in any given versus game etc Prices will be PC related. But I don't know what.

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

official thread on Aria:
    http://forums.aria.co.uk/showthread.php/89303-Unoffical-Meet-2012-!!

source

venue is here: http://www.gamerbase.com/?a=piccadilly

cost involved is basically the hours we are at gamerbase (charged by gamerbase) and some beer money down the pub if you choose.

prizes are not great compared to likes CPC pub quiz, but considering it's all organised by a single person in his spare time, he has done admirable job of gathering prizes.

last year, i beasted Blur. hope to retain my title this year :D

5. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

hmmmmm sounds interesting, but why oh why do i have to see Wuyanxu!!!! lol jk

6. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I can't go in person, but I shall be in spirit! :D

7. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I would be tempted for C&C 3, or what ever C&C is selected, although, deep down, i will be out in Round 1, haha.

Sam

8. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

It may be the capital, but geographically, it makes zero sense! Why not pick a central location? Just a thought.

9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

hay, don't be horrible to me, i know where you live :p

come along Sam, it isn't based on elimination rounds, just everyone is there to have fun, even if you don't win anything.

there was an official meet up in Manchester last year, where Aria HQ is based. and last mumble meet was also in Manchester if i recall correctly.

mumble meet: people who play together on mumble VOIP meet together for a night out
    (un)official Aria meet: gaming session with people on Aria forums and now Bit-tech forums, seeing Deadbolt and Dom are going.
    this September 2012 one is a combination of both, mumble meet happening from Friday night to Sunday, unofficial Aria gaming session is on Saturday.

10. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Its going to be awesome, Deadbolt should not be allowed near Flaming Sambucas unless he wants to lose his eyebrows again.

It looks to be an awesome time, drinking is obligatory. Votick has said he is also coming.

11. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

haha, if it was a bit closer next year i'll see if i can make it (by that I mean manchester way) London is a bit too far for me tbh regardless hope you have a good time. Also if deadbolt does get a flaming sambuca videos are needed (only if he looses his eyebrows ofc).

12. loftie

loftie Modder

Reading the thread and looked at the venue because I was curious, thought I'd say their game list includes BF3 for PS3 only as far as I can tell.

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Pretty sure BF3 will be played on PC. And I will record flaming Sambucas. And next year the meet is happening in Manchester I do believe :)

14. WR1989UK

WR1989UK What's a Dremel?

Because June 2011 saw everyone meet in manchester for the Official Aria meet, October 2011 saw us all meet in Birmingham for the mumble meet and a lot of Londoners complained that everything was being held up north, therefore we chose London as a meet place for those in the south.

15. WR1989UK

WR1989UK What's a Dremel?

All depends on who goes really, I think the more that attend reduces the price each.