1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Musical laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ModSquid, 26 Jul 2019.

1. ModSquid

ModSquid Active Member

DO NOT BUY DELL IF POSSIBLE, ON ACCOUNT OF DISGUSTING CUSTOMER SERVICE.
    I'm going to add here that I just found out (have not long set the machine up per the above, due to only now getting the time) that Dell did not include the USB adapter(s) that were supposed to ship with it, mainly on account of there being no delivery note included. Have contacted Dell who, the fkg miserable *****, advised that it was now outside the 14 day window inside which customer service is available. I questioned this, but that's right - there is NO customer support outside of 14 days.

"There is a process we have to follow"
    "Right, so what's the process for getting sent to me what I've already paid for? Every other company appears to be assisting with the current situation"
    "There isn't one. It's been longer than 14 days"
    "So I'd like to escalate then"
    "You can't"
    "Why?"
    "The process doesn't allow for that"

To be clear, they're refusing to send me basic £10-12 adapter(s) that I've paid for with an almost £1k laptop, that they forgot to include. I'm fkd off on principle, not cost and thinking of sending it back via credit card chargeback and going with someone else.

2. ModSquid

ModSquid Active Member

Thought I'd come back and close this one out properly, as it is only fair to Dell.

I actually ended up speaking to a higher-level service rep and it turns out that the other chap I spoke to was non-indicative of their approach. The new, higher chap managed to sort me out a decent refund so I could purchase my own adapters, so that's a lot more like I would have expected. A lot of faff involved, which shouldn't have to be the case and I had to jump through hoops both on their webchat and via email, so not happy with the process, but fine with the end result.

Just bear in mind, but it did all work out.