1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News MW2 writer discusses airport level

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 Nov 2009.

1. Zeus-Nolan

Zeus-Nolan Minimodder

yeah that was the worst for me, i hated that scene, but the whole game for me makes you think that in war you can't really trust anyone

2. livesabitch

livesabitch life is what you make it!

as the bloody entire world knows its a game, i havent played it yet but have many other shooters and loved just shooting everything! its not real life, and so what if that part was bassed on a true fact, whoopdy doo, how many other games are bassed on true facts?

3. Nicholas

Nicholas What's a Dremel?

feel the same way.

its a game - get over it

if you want to see something worse - torture, being whipped, getting hung on a cross in full gore detail..

WATCH PASSION OF THE CHRIST

you know, this game isnt all that bad graphically period - so what some civies get shot, its a game - if you dont want your kids playing it DONT BUY IT - (chances are their friend has it and they'll play it anyways haha!)

4. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

There was nothing surprising or controversial about this level at all. Why is anyone talking about it?

5. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Exactly what I was thinking. Isn't it the testers job to try out every last thing about a game to get any bugs sorted before shipping? Pretty sure that means shooting every civilian over and over and over again. Of course that brings up the question: Would you kill civilians for your paycheck? :p

I have not played this game, and more than likely never will, as the COD series has never tempted me. But I see very little difference between shooting civilians at an airport as compared to running them over in vice city while running from the cops.

They're called pixels.

6. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

If you guys are upset enough you can come and play Shattered Horizon, there are no airports or civilians in the game!

7. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Games mirror reality. If you don't believe me, look up the Milgram Expirement. If that were real and not a game probably 80% of people would have shot too.

8. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

I shot over peoples heads to look like I was in with the terrorists but not actually kill anyone, then I got to the end of the level haha

9. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Looks like you didn't get it all. Right over your head.

10. biebiep

biebiep What's a Dremel?

I hate games that offer you these kind of "moral" choices when all you CAN do to beat the game is follow one path.

In Ego Draconis II, I let myself get killed by the dragon slayers to rid the world of dragons after reading a book about the true nature of Damian's soul forge.

Guess what: The game went: GAME OVER and you HAD to kill the people who were right...

So much for "freedom to choose" in games

11. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I actually did this too first time round. That said, when I tried the level again I was less patient :blush:

12. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I actually felt worse for the swathes of Russian (and American) soldiers I had to kill.

In a real life situation I'd probably shoot the enemy cos I can't see how anything could be worth mowing down an entire airport.

But yes I'm with the pixels/atrocities of war/go with the story arguement.

13. Chocobollz

Chocobollz What's a Dremel?

Killing civillians? I shot their legs, cut their neck, split their brain into pieces, and mutilated them in Soldier of Fortune series!! And that was quite fun, but I must admit, I'm feeling a lil sick doing all of those things but hey, it's just a game, and those civillians are there for your convenience LOL :p

14. malcolm

malcolm What's a Dremel?

Loved it... big machine gun, hundreds of civilians, I was all Leroy Jenkins on their arses as soon as I could. Bang bang suckers.

15. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

+2

16. bridgesentry

bridgesentry 3verything must bee wat3rcooled

I think the airport level should be rewritten tbh. Shooting the civilians should fail the mission too. You really didn't need to kill Makarov anymore if you had become the type of Makarov:D

17. alantwelve

alantwelve What's a Dremel?

Ha! Yeah, I failed to deal with the intellectual depth of an FPS aimed at dipshits. You dumbass.

18. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Cool off for 24 hours alantwelve. If you wish to continue posting here you'll leave that attitude at the door.

19. Orothe

Orothe What's a Dremel?

Ok... This is stupid..

For those who were disturbed and are fighting about morales.. You DID buy a game about WAR. You knew that you were going to play a character, who had to shoot other characters. In fact, you knew that the entire game was JUST that.

That's like saying "I love stabbing people! But it disturbs me when people use knives for other than food." -.-

And honestly, it's insane for Russia to do that. It's so kiddish. "Killing people is alright, torturing people is alright.. Wait.. We're the bad guys? This is immoral!"

20. SNIPERMikeUK

SNIPERMikeUK What's a Dremel?

Not me, I even felt bad when I shot a chicken on the market level...

Tags: Add Tags