1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors My Alloy wheel woes continue

Discussion in 'General' started by yodasarmpit, 8 Aug 2003.

1. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Well for any of you who may have read in this thread http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36786 I managed to irepairably damage one of my alloys.

So the hunt began, where to find a replacement Fox Racing Evo6 6.5x15 , how difficult can that be I though - its only a wheel!

Oh so wrong I was.

At first it seemed easy, I popped into MRD's (local wheel and ICE store) and after the guy made a few phone calls he said he had tracked one down, but would have to call me back after he had confirmation - a day later they got back to me only to say that when lifting from the stores it got dropped and damaged :wallbash:

Not a biggie you may think and nor did I.

So several phone calls and visits to local motor places I find out that nobody has them in stock.

I thought why not try online, well it looked like I had hit the jackpot www.performancealloys.com had them on their site, I went ahead and placed an order, 2 days later I get a call from one of there sales guys to confirm details (they dont want to send out a wheel thats unsuitable for your car). Well this is when he finds out that they dont have any either.
    The guy at www.performancealloys.com was very nice and said he would try and source one for me, and after another couple of days (today) I get a call from him, he was only able to find one in the country but it was the one that the guy dropped in the first store I went to :duh:, just to make things even better he then tells me that this perticular wheel has been discontinued.

Im now searching through ebay for a cheapish set of alloys, wish me luck

Last edited: 8 Aug 2003
  2. Supercool

Supercool Gone.

you checked your local scrap yards? they sometimes have a load of alloys from cars they have scrapped, you might find a matching one, or a cheap full set in decent nick.

Tags: