1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors My Celica GT-Four Build Thread! - Updated 15/08/19

Discussion in 'General' started by Unicorn, 6 Sep 2011.

1. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

2. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Sweeeet mate, a 3S-GTE? Are you going to strip down and rebuild to stock spec or you going to put in forged pistons and rods in etc? (aren't the stock GT4 3S-GTE cranks good for 600bhp?)

Doing yourself step by step or strip down and get a shop to do the internals? :hip:

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Hello bit-tech. Remember me? Still warm, the blood that courses through my veins.

Just dropped by to see how everyone is, and share my latest acquisition and update on this very, very long-term project.

[​IMG]

You may have seen a couple of posts last year after I bought my red Celica GT-Four. I need to post some updates on that, as a lot has been done to it since and I have even more planned. But that’s not what I'm here to talk about today.

The bigger news is that I bought another one. Actually, I bought another two. Technically it’s only 1.5 but who’s counting? :p One is damage repairable, and one has no engine or gearbox. Can you see where this is going?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The crashed red car is just a donor for now, but a very solid ’95 shell with absolutely zero rust. I have every intention of repairing and doing something with it in the future, but for now I’m just robbing bits off it for the other two. I bought it off a friend and member of the owner’s club earlier this year, mainly for the low mileage engine and drivetrain.

The black ’94 car is quite rough around the edges, but definitely not beyond saving and another very solid, rust free car. I rescued it from a barn in Wolves a couple of weeks ago, where it had been sitting abandoned for about 4 years. I have already begun the process of stripping down the front end in preparation for a major tidy up, and will be transplanting the driveline from the crashed car into this.

Last edited: 15 Aug 2019
  4. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Well-Known Member

Ah man, I love these cars, I need to stop dreaming and start buying!

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Do it! I can't recommend them highly enough! In my opinion there's nothing like them. From looks to handling and performance, there is something really special about these cars. The red one is running at 320bhp on 15psi of boost at the moment, and will be undergoing a major suspension upgrade this winter to keep it even more glued to the road. :thumb:

goldstar0011 likes this.
  6. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Well-Known Member

Got a few financial loose ends to tie up this year, Mrs is far too supportive of my spending on things like this.

That red one is dreamy.

7. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Music Enthusiast

This is a thread I shouldn't follow... (but likely will)

This is something I'd really like to do, not specifically a celica (although I have always had a soft spot for them!) your car is a stunner

I'm just lacking the expertise, space & money..... all I have is the enthusiasm!