1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals My Compaq Mini 311c doesn't boot with my Logitech V550 mouse plugged in

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by ZoFreX, 25 Mar 2010.

1. ZoFreX

ZoFreX What's a Dremel?

If the "mini receiver" for the mouse is plugged in, it doesn't make it past the Compaq splash screen, it just hangs. Even more interestingly, if I plug the receiver in when the "resuming Windows from hibernate" loading bar is half way across, the bar stops, the HD indicator light stops flashing, it completely hangs. Unplugging the receiver does not resume it, I have to hard reset.

Other info:
    • The BIOS boot order is internal hard disk first, so it's not trying to boot from the usb device
    • There is no legacy usb option (or in fact any USB options) in the BIOS

I found one reference to the same problem online, they tried two mice and two HP 311 (same thing as I have) netbooks, same result.

Any ideas?

2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

3. ZoFreX

ZoFreX What's a Dremel?

Good find, I think I'll monitor that thread and maybe get in touch with HP/Compaq. I didn't find references to it happening with anything other than the V550, that thread confirms it is the laptop at fault and not the mouse. Thank you!