1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Custom case

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by M_D_K, 23 Jan 2003.

1. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Hi
    I've started to design the main part of my cube, i did the motherboard tray a while ago and never took it any further then that, but motivation of a possible buy of the finished product hes sperted me along.

The whole thing will be constructed from Aluminum with perspex here and there.

Im planning to put 6 5.25 drive bays in and 4-8 3.25 all the HDD bays will be internal as i nore the buyer have any need for flopy i had the idea of putting a verticle bay at the back of the case if needed as it would be hidden.

The case like all cubes i've seen "Yeon Yang" will be split into 2 sections on the left will be the motherboard and nothing else then on the right hand side all the CD-roms, HDDs and PSUs will live.

I've got access to CNC punches so i plan to put custom grills and windows in, i'll do this in the construction stage as skin of the case will be punched out from a sheet in one go so there will be no need for Jigsawing, this will help me as the end result will be better and the construction will be quicker.

Dimensions
    I'll have sketches up on my site soon but the main case willl be about WxHxDmm - 400x400x450 i found that it being big ment lots of Cooling options as i have tried to fit 6x120mm fans into the case along with room for Dual PSUs.

If you have any comments or questions then feel free to post i'll have images up on my site soon
    Link so please go and look its in its design stages so be patient.