1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Father, We'll Miss You So Much

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Scirocco, 19 Nov 2008.

1. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

My father passed on early Saturday morning from emphysema. An organization in which he was active for a good many years posted a tribute to him on the club home page.

http://www.cgca.com/

It is understandable that views regarding hunting and firearms in general vary widely, especially on international forums. It is my hope that you will perhaps understand a little better the great respect and love of nature, stewardship of the wildlife, land and other resources, as well as the appreciation of the craftsmanship and historical value of many firearms that my father and many others like him have. Not only was all of this his business and his recreation, but fish and game served to supplement the diet of a rather large family when we were growing up. I do not myself hunt or really fish any more. However, my father gave me the knowledge and ability to feed myself and family if it ever came to that.

We knew this time would come, as emphysema is a slow and wasting disease most often born of smoking tobacco. My brothers, sisters and I all had the opportunity to know our father and say what we needed to before he was gone. For those you care about in your life, take the time to let them know how you feel about them as time does not always wait for you to be ready.

For all of you, thank you for letting me share this little bit of life. Also, much love for letting this geek girl join in your fun with technology, gaming, modding and humor.

2. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Sorry to hear the news. I'm sure he was very proud of you :thumb:

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well he's obviously done well with his daughter, so clearly he was a good man ;)

Deepest Sympathies to you and your family, Scirocco.

4. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit No longer the other Brett.

My most sincere sympathies go out to you Scirocco.

5. IanJackson

IanJackson Photographer & Modder

Deepest sympathies for you and your family Scirocco.

6. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

7. exavier412

exavier412 New Member

Sorry for your loss

8. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

condolences scirocco.

i guess gun collector is really just another type of hardware geek. must be where you get it from.

9. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Sorry for your loss.

10. Scirocco

heheh, you make a good point, Supertoad! I wouldn't be surprised it it's genetic or something. My dad left a memorandum to designate who in the family he wanted to receive certain things after he passed. Apparently one of my sisters and I get to split his Dremel(s) and accessories between us. Thank you, Dad!

Thank you all for your kind wishes.

11. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I hope you don't smoke

It's the mistake of the parents that shape how the kids come out. My dad is a smoker(not as much as he used to, my mom quit) and semi-heavy drinker and I've seen what it has done to him. And that's why I will never smoke and will never become a heavy-drinker(most kids in Wisconsin drink by age 13) because of him

Sorry for your loss and my little rant

12. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

I'm sorry for your loss Scirocco.

13. Drachnem

Drachnem Member

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger Scirocco, your father made you who you are today he's never truly dead as long as you continue to live out his name in honor and pride.

14. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Well-Known Member

My sincere condolences Scirocco. I would write more but the words floating around my cranium aren't fitting together to make a cohesive sentence.

Again, my condolences.

Joe

15. Scirocco

No, The_Beast, I've never smoked and don't believe I ever will. This makes four in my family lost from smoking-related diseases: my father, mother and two aunts. It's funny, the only one in my family who really drank a lot was my aunt's husband, who was born and raised in Wisconsin.

Thank you to everyone posting here. Your kind words and wishes are very much appreciated.

16. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

It is quite sad that the social norm in Wisconsin is that everyone drinks and if you don't you're a "*****" or "chicken sh*t"

again sorry for your loss

17. skullen

skullen Member

Sorry to here of your loss Scirocco

18. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Os meus pêsames.

19. gar

gar Active Member

Hey,Scirocco. I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your Father. I still greive now and again for my grandad who died in 2003 and even more so now that his bother and sister died in the past two month. I can't imagine what pain I would have if my dad died, but do greive fully and cry as much as you need to.

It really is encouraging though that you can feel welcome enough on BT to mention this. It just shows that there is a caring community here and I really apprectiate that, as do I, you letting us know, so thank you.

Gareth

20. Loom

Loom New Member

I too lost my father due to smoking related issues. I am very sorry for your loss. Feel free to PM me if you ever feel the need to talk.