1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors My first car! Come take a peek! *any other mini's welcome*

Discussion in 'General' started by Emzay, 21 Apr 2005.

1. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

this is unfair... I hope I get a mini for my 18th. I want one like no other...

I just have to ask now that I'm seeing it... as UK cars have the wheel on the right (vs left in USA and many others), are the petals backwards from the US too (we're [clutch] brake gas).

2. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

Nope from left to right its still clutch, brake, "gas" on a right hand drive car. You can get left hand drive minis though, just not as easily.

3. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

if you get one imported and either find yourself a decent mini garage over there... or use one over here many will convert for you www.plmini.com do exports and will tart up a mini for you.... just gotta pay for it :p

Try one from france, they're the same as you :p

4. jonesie

jonesie What's a Dremel?

places where napoleon conquered/their dependencies --> drive on right
    also places that may or may not be french but don't like british empire (US)
    --> on the right

british empire --> drive on left

:lol: :geek:

5. logan

logan flashback!

Other reasons here. Should you care. :hehe:

http://www.i18nguy.com/driver-side.html
    I really can't be arsed to read all that, so won't be offended if you don't either.

6. fev

fev Industry Fallout

just about to buy a mini off my mate:

[​IMG]

Look at me roof!:

[​IMG]

7. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

Thats a really nice looking mini :thumb:

8. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Chequred door cards? hope so :D

9. Emzay

Oooh lovely! We'll be able to have bit mini meets soon! That one looks gorgeous, your gunna love that roof in summer! :D

10. fev

fev Industry Fallout

door cards are indeed "chess-board-esque"

hmm mini meet sounds like a plan. Teh sunshine roof is the bomb, loved it going through the country roads..

11. funkymunky

funkymunky Guest

Wow thats a really nice car emzay!!..

i have a lot of respect for mini owners cause they are very hard to maintain.
    Heres our mini;

[​IMG]

Converted by Janspeed Engineering at 8143 miles to ‘S' spec including twin 1 ¼ S.U. carburettors, Janspeed complete exhaust system, Big valve Ported gas-flowed head, Oil cooler and Twin Tanks.
    Engine replaced with better spec at 61,000 miles due to piston failure of no.4. Replaced with MG spec 1275 engine/transmission unit which has 10.5:1 compression, better flowing head, mild road/sport cam, 3.44:1 final drive differential and single big 1 3/4 carb to suit.
    subframe is solid mounted.
    Interior includes factory upgrade ½ leather trim front recaro's (very rare!), walnut fittings to dash and door cappings, rear seat belts, 4 speakers with Blaupunkt upgrade to rear shelfs, head unit sony headunit with fold out front.

Tires and alloys now upgraded to yokohoma semi racing tyres and 12 spoke gold alloys (much nicer than those shown) twin road lights now inset into front grill.. bottom fog lights changed for hi beam road lights.
    Carpets changed within and new mini mats changed also. Oil cooler removed to make way for the extra lights in grill. Racing pedals added. Gear stick added to wooden walnut to match interior. chrome number plate holds. and clifford alarm now added.

12. funkymunky

funkymunky Guest

does 0-100 in less than mums car which is a volvo c70 convertable 3.0ltr gt turbo... racing chassis and yokohama road tires.

13. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Just FYI, it's a pretty obviously photoshopped.

14. funkymunky

funkymunky Guest

nope guy who we brought the car from did that... tonight if i get time ill get it out.. give it a clean and take another piccy.. engine as well.

15. Emzay

Just cos' there's a blur round it hardly means the car isn't actually like that!

Looks blimin' nice funkymunky! Is it a daily drive or bit of a sunday special? :)

16. fev

fev Industry Fallout

nice mini! :rock:

17. slater

slater Mummy Says Im Special

Suprising how many mini owners there are around this forum relly

Heres mine:
    [​IMG]

I want it finished now! (not fair you lot having mini fun without me :( humph )

18. funkymunky

funkymunky Guest

sure we could wait for ya slater!! Minis should be driven slowly to pose. You could catch up :p

19. fev

fev Industry Fallout

i ain't waiting for no one, although with teh work going on in the boot i might be slowed down

20. Emzay

Well if you bring your mini to our mini bit-meet slater we could find a nice hill and you can cruise down it? :hehe:

Tags: