1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My firstMOD! UPDATE ! 7/4/05

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by venomz, 22 May 2005.

1. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

this is going to be my first modd so its ganna be hard to work with. im going to be working on a xblade case. so i got a tun of ideas on whati want to do.

plans for project xblade
    my idea is im going to cut out all the drive space's on the front besides the 2 topones . thoughs 2 top drive bays are going tobe for a combo cd drive for the first bay area. and the second bay area isgoing to be for my harddrive. every thing els below that is going tobe cut out . after i cut all the stuff out i got plans on incaseing thoughs 2 bay areas with. diomond plateing. CHROME diomond plateing :D so after i incase that whole area im going to make acustome resovor. any one have any ideas on how i should do this? cuz i have all this room when you cut out the cd drive bay areas and just have 2 left over. so i have enoough room to have a resivor below my drive bay area. i got a few more ideas on what i want to do but i need to find a place to post pics any one no where is a good place? for that? thats free? oh and im going to be cutting on monday 5/23/2005

Last edited: 5 Jul 2005
  2. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

sounds cool, but this really should be posted in modding until there is some work done and pictures.

Some free sites for pics are www.photobucket.com and www.imageshack.us

As I said before, this sounds like a great idea. For some help with a custom res, take a look at DÈF¥âÑt¸.·´¯`¤ 's threads. Hes got some sweet custom res work and im sure if you pm'ed him he could give you a few tips. Good luck with you first project and mod on! :rock: :dremel: :thumb:

3. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

this should be in modding untill u start work, also u need pics to post in project logs (it mihgt be an idea to read the rules)

edit: damn, beated to it ^

4. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

i no i need pics :)

as i said befor that i needed a site to upload pics. oh and i did start to do some work on it. i just took it all apart got it ready for cutting on monday and i got draft printson how im going to incase my drive bay areas.

5. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

this is what i got to work with

this is the befor pictures so heres side view. of what im worken with. all my parts are in there working right now. [​IMG]

this is the front of the view. what im going to do with the front is put a small flat tv in the front. [​IMG]
    this is the side view agen with the cover on what i want to do is get a see threw side panel any one got any ideas where to get one? i tryed looking on new egg or tiger direct. but thoughs place's are manly for pc parts i gies[​IMG]

6. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

morepics!

this is the diomond plateing ill be useing to put in my pc[​IMG]

the black parts are where ill be cutting.this is also the pat when i started this project! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is the drafts on what illbe useing to incase my cd driveand hard drive.[​IMG]

7. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

the parts that ill be useing is a ultra connect 500 watt power supply, p4p800e delux, soundmax sound c ard. 120 gig serial ata maxtor hard drive, a tvtuner, i dont no about the cddrives yet i want a all in one combo. and 1.5gig of ram i nothat one set of the ram is a 2x512 mb =1 gig corsair xms.

Last edited: 22 May 2005
  8. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

oh and sorry for the flash im kinda learning how to use this digital camera... hehe. ijust figered out how to turn it off.

9. shadow46x2

shadow46x2 What's a Dremel?

mmmmm...diamond plating....

--j

10. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

hey does any one no if theirs a easier way of takeing the rivets out thaconnect your medalparts to your pc?

11. g0th

g0th What's a Dremel?

Drill through the pop rivets with a 3mm bit.

12. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

ok after i dril the rivits out can i replace thoughs with a screw?

13. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

heres what iv done so far

heres a pic of the things i want to do [​IMG]

[​IMG]

heres a pic on where i got the idea from hehe. .. . . .

[​IMG]

heres a better pic of the diamond plateing im useing.

[​IMG]

some tools i used to take the thing out.

[​IMG]

what i plan on doing is takeing out the stuff thats up agens the tap to thebottom im takeing out. more pics will comesoon.

14. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

oh and it took me about 3 hours to take out the thing that you put your mother board in hehe. cut my self to :( lol

15. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

ok its time formeto play somehalo 2!!! or americas army.? .? .? lol cant decide

16. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

this is the side view of what i want to do with all that chromed out diamond plateing.
    [​IMG]

17. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

18. diablito

diablito What's a Dremel?

looking forward to see more :D

19. Xhiz

Xhiz What's a Dremel?

I was thinking of having diamond plating on my case too, this sounds cool and I cant wait to see it! get :dremel:

20. venomz

venomz What's a Dremel?

resivor

this is my res im makeing its almost done
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is a picture of it inside my case but its not goign to be perm yet.im just showing it off!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

another look of my resivor

[​IMG]

this is what i cut out of the insides.

[​IMG]

this is all the side panels apart.

[​IMG]

this is me mesuring for snaping the plexi.

[​IMG]

this is m y side panel im goign to be cuting andputting bondo on. that idea is from dafyant sorry if i miss spelled your name.

[​IMG]
    more to come soon!