1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding My Half Life 2 Mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by mario_cell, 6 Nov 2006.

1. mario_cell

mario_cell What's a Dremel?

Hi guys
    Got a question
    What do u think about it to build a case like pilouxs Blackmesa 2 - PC
    I am building such an pc, but it won't look identical. There are some good ideas of piloux which i also made in my case.
    Do u think it's not good to build a case from another modder?

Because wehen my case is finished, i will put here some pics and i dont want to hear, that i only can build cases from other modders. :waah:

I know, my english is not that good, but i hope u can understand what i mean. :hehe:

cYaaaaaaaaaa
    Mario

2. Sphering

Sphering What's a Dremel?

Why don't you ask Piloux himself? Me personally would think of it as an honour if someone liked my mod and if that could inspire new modders

3. mario_cell

thx for your answer but i know some german forums and case gallerys and someone of the modders of the forum made the "famous" Doom 3 - Mod of Crimson Sky.
    And all the other forum members made his mod down and said that he cant mod and only built a mod, which is already existing :waah:

4. Sphering

Sphering What's a Dremel?

Yes copying the hole case wouldn't give you much credit, but you said it wouldn't look identical. If you take the blackmesa and use it as inspiration, but add your own ideas and make it diffrent, then maybe... I'm sure when you get started and get into the modding spirit, you will get lot of new ideas and in the end the cases propably will have nothing in common eccept maybe the rust paint or some other small details. By the way, you should read this disscusion

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?p=1115321

about the Machinatrix Part 1 by PilouX in which he himself get accused of copying the Orac³, but as he says himself, uses the Orac³ as an inspiration for this new mod. Wich looks promising by the way.

5. mario_cell

ok, i made on my pc also an orange plexiglas window with "HALF LIFE 2" in it.
    and the radiator will be on the same place, because i have not more space in my case :D
    An yeah, the wire sleeving

That i also have in my case with some of my ideas

What do u tthink about it? :eyebrow: