1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding My Handwatch

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ComputerKing, 21 Sep 2007.

1. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

Thats the most ridiculous think I have seen in a long time Hazardous. I though tthe whole point of having a flashy watch was to show it off.
    When my Rolex (OK Fake Rolex) gets a bit worn I just use a soft cloh, some q-tips and some Brasso metal polish, good as new.

2. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

true, that wristwatch protection is stupid - no point removing scratches from the watch if you are gonna wear that crap, furthermore, no point wearing a nice or even half-decent watch that is even worth protecting if you are gonna cover it with that ugly rubbish.
    [rant] I hate all that protective crap, like what is stuck on lcd's of mobiles, ipods, a/v equipment, monitors, etc If i ever see someone with it still in place on anything, i tell them how terrible it looks, and what are they protecting it for? resale value? As if they are gonna sell thier mobile or ipod or monitor when it's obselete & worn out in 5 years? And even if they did, a couple of scratches wouldn't make much difference to the price. [/end rant]

3. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Yes, metal polish and a lot of elbow grease. if you are going to use wet and dry make sure its a very fine grade - 1000 or finer.
    Just remember that the finer the grade the quicker it will clog and wear out so keep it well lubricated. You can do it with a Dremel but its much more controllable by hand and I agree with a previous comment, remove the links and polish them individually if you can.
    Of course if you can get a replacement strap at a very cheap price, then do so but I find so often that if you think something has a price that's just too good to be true then there is usually a reason for this - i.e. it is too good to be true!

4. hujambo_Bwana

hujambo_Bwana What's a Dremel?

See the polishing link in my sig.

Jimbo

5. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

You'll not be saying that if/when you smash the face/hands of your [fake] Rolex when you slip and fall on the pavement/rocks :D

And just because it's not something you'd wear, doesn't mean it's a "ridiculous" idea/suggestion :rolleyes:

There are times/places when some of us are more concerned with protecting our purchase, than showing it off to others :idea: :eyebrow:

6. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

I can understand protection for things like MP3s, etc... but for watches? :| Come on, lol...

7. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I have similar scratches in my watch. It's from the ESD safe tables at work. they are pretty abrasive for some reason. (dragging something metal leaves gray lines on the table, and the elbows on sweaters wear out pretty quickly.) I don't bother to polish them out, though. I know hat they will be back pretty quickly anyway. (My wristband had a brushed finish, so it doesn't show that well anyway)

My wrist watch cost about 10 times the price of my MP3 player. Makes more sense to protect the watch then, doesn't it?

Anyway, a nice watch shouldn't be covered up. The best protection is simply not wearing it when you want to do some "risky stuff"...

8. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

CK, how did it go?

9. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

I can't believe how much you've scratched that. I have Omega Seamaster, that I wear in a warehouse and it hasn't gotten a single mark on it!