1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress My Logo Case (upd: 19-08-07)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by DireSnake, 9 Aug 2007.

1. DireSnake

DireSnake New Member

So, it would be desirable to present my next work, is more exact - process of work above the case. For the basic idea of the case, I have taken own trade mark of a my site:

[​IMG]

Process will be a little without the order as many components of the case are done in process of the desire - I do not wish to spoil pleasure:)

1. Water-bank of system of water cooling. In the case I have planned two contours of cooling: the first - the main processor, the second contour - the graphic processor. If it will be possible to find good water-coolers for HDD - they too will be included in these contours. All contours of cooling are equipped by own radiators of cooling both pomp, and next will be only in general water tank is should normalize temperatures. The tank is received from usual food capacity, 4x unions 10mm and disks from 5 and 10mm plexiglas.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 18 Aug 2007
  2. DireSnake

DireSnake New Member

water-cooler GPU

2. water-cooler GPU. In my hands has somehow got such manufactures "AlfaCool" which I have appeared it is extremely dissatisfied - too small relief did not promote cooling of the chip x1950Pro. So by means of improvised means the relief of an internal surface has been improved and made a lining from 5mm lexiglas.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. DireSnake

DireSnake New Member

PlexyCase

3. It is time to begin work above the case? About, yes. The case will be... Round:) More truly - a pipe divided into two parts. In one there will be размещатся vertically parent payment and a tank of expansion, in another - a complex of cooling, a power unit and HDD. Thus in a forward part the LCD-screen of 5 inches will be placed. For the basic material of a frame I have chosen 10mm the plexiglas, the chromeplated pipe and thin plastic. All this after assembly will be grounded and painted (here only with color I was not defined yet). Three basic details have been cut out From plexiglas plus of the panel of back fixture of payments and a power unit. The chromeplated pipes pass between lateral disks through the central panel on which accessories will be actually established all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. DireSnake

DireSnake New Member

4. While the complete set of a frame dried up, again has returned to completion of system of cooling. And - capital completion. That has been made:
    - unions from radiators are transferred on an end face that has allowed to establish two radiators more conveniently.
    - both of a radiator are stuck together together
    - the panel on which have been fixed a pomp has been made of plexiglas.
    - this Monstr-unit has been glued, It is processed by hermetic, and is grounded.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. DireSnake

DireSnake New Member

lcd-tv

5. For LCD-TV any good fastening was required. Which has been stuck together literally for one night from 3mm plastic. One of details it will be pasted to an external covering that will allow to insert in the further the TV on the put place.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. DAE_JA_VOO

DAE_JA_VOO New Member

Looks very promising :D

7. x06jsp

x06jsp da ginger monkey!!!!

i love the acrylic tube design cant wait to see how this project unfolds. keep it up :thumb:

8. DireSnake

DireSnake New Member

Has checked up work of the system of cooling. Because of reduction of distances between radiators and pomps there was an obvious acceleration of a stream of water. So I all the same in the calculations was not mistaken.

9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Love it!
    Is this going to be an open frame, or will you seal it up somehow?

10. DireSnake

DireSnake New Member

From above on a frame of the case there will be an external covering. At the left and on the right - two doors with a trade mark:) it - while only a minimum from ideas:)

11. Koradhil

Koradhil New Member

Very promising, I see high quality cutouts.

12. IanJackson

IanJackson Photographer & Modder

Keep it coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

13. DireSnake

DireSnake New Member

As I also spoke - the system is completely efficient, than it has very much surprised me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Radiators have been painted by a "grey metal" paint atop of a ground for metal.

[​IMG]

While waited good drying a paint has collected all accessories in the case for penultimate marking and calculations of lengths of fixture... And the case in such kind already works;)

[​IMG]

However has understood, that the tank too big - for it simply is not present a place after all installations. So it is necessary to something to do anew: (

14. Hugo.B

Hugo.B New Member

Nice project...But then I'm probably biased, I like reading Russian translations.

15. Evenge

Evenge Member

Looks nice! :thumb:

16. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

I like the work done so far! Very original case!

17. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Interesting, indeed. I love the 'think outside the box' style projects. Looking forward to where this thing goes.

18. MilkMan5

MilkMan5 Yeah man...

Very nice indeed :clap:

19. DireSnake

DireSnake New Member

logotype

The cut out trade mark (my site logotype) on lateral doors.
    [​IMG]
    For a material used 3mm soft plastic (something reminding the made foam polythene)

First coat and painting in some layers a paint " grey chrome ". On a photo - the layer while is made only one before full drying.
    [​IMG]

20. DireSnake

DireSnake New Member

next to water

There was a necessity anew to alter the tank. That was too big and did not get into the case. So from a sanitary pipe 50 mm diameter, two disks of plexiglas has collected the new tank. However yet has not solved where it to put - in the center of the case, nearby HDD or for the case in area of accommodation of the fan.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, already at last it is possible to show the device of the right party of the case. The top part: two HDD (too will be cooled later by water). Under them - a power unit, and at the very bottom - two radiator and a pomp. Air is stretched through radiators in a power unit and leaves the case. Thus I have strongly saved on superfluous fans.

[​IMG]
    PS:
    That I had an opportunity to work above the case, and thus is constantly to not assort a computer for last two days I has collected the new case:) it the truth strongly тесноват, but perfectly carries out the role - to enable me to work on given as the case;)
    [​IMG]