1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding My Mod, Your Input

Discussion in 'Modding' started by richman, 16 Oct 2006.

1. richman

richman What's a Dremel?

Hello all,

Iam starting my first case mod and would like to design it around a comic book charecter or something simillar to that.

At the moment i have been thinking along the lines of superman, spiderman or batman i have thought of the x-men but couldnt counger up any ideas as to what modifications to do in regards to these charecters.

Iam after a little bit of input as to what you may do in regards to a mod or maybe what comic charecter you would base you case around.

Thanks
    ~LilRichie

2. stevie1556

stevie1556 What's a Dremel?

When you upload somof your rough drawings it will help people to get a rough idea of what you want so we ban suggest things.

I like the idea of what you are doing. After my current PC project, I'm looking at modding a full tower case for my new PC build, and was thinking about what to design for the case. I have heard, not sure if it is true or not, that air brushing is pretty easy to ge teh hang of. If you choose superman, you could have a blue case with his logo airbrushed onto the side. This is something I'm looking into myself.

But at the end of the day, it's what your happy with as it is going to be your mod :D

3. Fophillips

Fophillips What's a Dremel?

My dad draws comics :) He knows someone who's done a Superman case. I'll try and find the link for you tomorrow.

4. richman

richman What's a Dremel?

I was going to go superman but couldnt decide on the colour scheme i wanted or how to implement it.

5. walker

walker What's a Dremel?

Like Stevie said, at the end of the day it's your mod, so do whatever makes you happy.

For a few ideas, here's what i'd do. The Phantom is my favorite comic book character, so i'd choose one image that is synonymous with him, ie. the skull image, and paint that on the side of the case.

Seeing as colour is an important tool for recognition, i'd choose the main colour or colours synonymous with the superhero, and paint the entire case with it. My Phantom case would be a single colour, deep purple!

If you had a side window, just add some small touches like appropriately coloured cable sleeving and LEDs.

You'd end up with a nice, simple first case mod that you could add to later if you liked.

6. richman

richman What's a Dremel?

Pictures

Hello all,

Here are the pictures i promised.

[​IMG]

Some ruff plans for the front of the case, including a hard drive hiding plate sprayed with the superman logo. A slot loading CD-ROM tray, lcd and vandal switch.

[​IMG]

This is the side window what i had envisioned having here was the bottom of the case cut out with the words superman and either 6 or 12" cold cathodes to light up the letters. Above that a square window cut out where i was going ot have a laster etch of superman flying towards the front as though he was about to jump out of the case window.

[​IMG]

The final shot was of the top of the case the two shaded blocks are handels the type that mnpctech sell, in the center is the main aquatube and either side at the front are two light control panels.

Thanks
    ~LilRichie