1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding My Modding Ideas

Discussion in 'Modding' started by kiltman, 22 Oct 2003.

1. kiltman

kiltman Victory is Mine!!

I'm away to start my first major mod soon, and am trying to think of a few ideas that i don't think i have seen.

One of these ideas was to use uv reactive paint and apply them to all the drives in the computer i.e. harddrive, dvd drive, cdwriter.?

Would this work? the way i thought of it was to sand them lightly to take of the stickers and any other muck, make sure that connectors are covered & protected then spray them.

Then add a uv cold cathode into the case

The case i'm thinking on using is Mitron Perspex Prism Midi Tower or if you have any suggestions of other perspex cases :) they are off course welcome, (would like one with a motherboard tray)

i'm also wanting to do some watercooling but don't know nothing about that so will have to research, any recommendations? the rig will be Amd based.

prob gonna do a hard drive and dvd drive window too

i also want to put a lcd/vfd display as well to tell me the cpu temps, uptime,

any other ideas would be great thanks guys :)

the :dremel: shall be commencing soon

2. TITAN

TITAN What's a Dremel?

Sounds OK, if you're into that sort of look.

Just be carefull with the hard drives. Most - if not all - have a tiny "breathing hole" that mustn't be covered, or clogged.

And post some pics!!!

3. kiltman

i know i have that planned :), got a new digi cam so the pics wont be a problem

don't think ill get it started till just after xmas as ill be doing alot of work to get the ££££ for this

the hardrive holes are taken care off, cocktail sticks should do the job there me thinks and just leave them in till the paint drys, should work?

4. Krog_Mod

Krog_Mod What's a Dremel?

hey good idea with the uv reactive paint!! :rock: just be carefull!!! :worried: OH and .. there it is, an idea.. why not make some kind of design on the drives as well with the uv paint... have a background color and then a design with another color uv paint?? :clap: dono.. it was an idea... truly i cant help it! Later!

5. carloshax

carloshax dealer

Just a quick tip on painting your drives, apply a white base coat under whatever colour uv paint you use. It always enhances the uv properties in the paint. A nother tip would be to get some uv nail varnish from a shop in most towns called claires accessories, it will cost you about £2 but its great for the edges of your cards.

Carl

6. kiltman

thanks for the tips guys, as for the uv nail varnish, why pay £2 when i can steal it from my sister :naughty: