1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks My Network Card Wont Work?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Z!nc, 25 Oct 2001.

1. Z!nc

Z!nc What's a Dremel?

it worked in my old Mo Bo but i just got a KG7 Raid and when i place the card in the Mo Bo it powers up but no monitor ?

anyone have any ideas?

2. Phil

Phil What's a Dremel?

so let's get this straight....your network card is stopping your graphics card from working ? or is that not what you meant ?

3. RTT

RTT #parp

thats what he means Phil...... must admit i have no ideas

4. moose

moose What's a Dremel?

On first guess, it might be that the NIC has its IRQ physically set on it (either via jumpers, or a config program on the card) - and perhaps the IRQ it's attempting it use is also that which the VGA wants to use, IRQ 5 perhaps...

Other than that, re-seat everything in the PC. That's always worth a shot.

5. RTT

RTT #parp

thats a point, have you got a spare gfx card to try? preferably a PCI one.....?

6. Z!nc

Z!nc What's a Dremel?

i havent got a spare G Card :( well i got a voodoo 3agp no pci ones will try someone elses network card in my pc on the weekend see how it goes.

thanks for the help !
    :rofl:

7. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

Moose is right, seems to be if ther is a IRQ confligt , try a different slot or if that fails you have to use a boot disk to configure the card in a diff machine(because of the fact you do not have a spare video card) 1 thing that may be worth a shot is to go into your bios and try to 'force' irq -nb all bios may not support that function - try and disable the serial com ports so the card might take that - the last to methods are a long shot but they may work. best bet is to change the cards irq in another machine with the card specific application.

8. macroman

macroman The One

You havn't got the NIC in PCI slot 1 by any chance?:rolleyes:

9. shep

shep Yack

yeah had the same problem with an abit kg7 mobo and a realtek nic, just swapped the nic with a similar 1. Moving the nic card to different slots and the gfx card which was gforce 2 mx pci didn't help. Trying to set the irq's in the bios didn't help either.

10. Phil

Phil What's a Dremel?

How bizzarre....

Welcome to the forums shep !

11. corvette

corvette What's a Dremel?

ok i had the same prob with a bx xhipset board slot 1 cpu and stuff well i would put my realtek network card in and it would turn on and when i take it out it worked so what i did was flash the bios uno with the jumpers on the mobo left it for a couple of days turned it on reset the bios to default and i disabled the on board usb coz i dont use em on the comp and it works perfect no complaints mabe that would help if not try a 10/100 isa 1

12. Tim S

Tim S OG

Must be an IRQ problem..... try using a different PCI slot, and reseting the IRQs in BIOS

Tags: