1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress My Now finished mean Computer Numerical Control machine build

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Teelzebub, 21 Jul 2014.

?

What colour should it be painted?

1. Red

10 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. Blue

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. Silver

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. Black

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  5. Mixed

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Active Member

As first step switching the source circuit is worth a try and easy to do. That said, household wiring is not as isolated as you might think even if you are on another circuit. Try an separate between odd and even circuit numbers.

There are two potential issues each with different solutions. The compressor is most likely producing electrical noise which is being carried through the wiring to Millzebub. If this is the case you will need to add filtering to the power wiring such as a the suggested line conditioner. FYI, switching circuits might work as the electrical wires them self can act like a filter if long enough. As barry90705 said "Distance!"

The second less likely possibility is that the compressor electrical noise is begin broadcast through the air, in which case you will want to shield from this RF noise. The simplest solution again is distance. When distance is no possible then you will need to add shielding. Typically you would add a shield around the sensitive equipment i.e. Millzebub's controller, computer, and cables. Guessing from you cable assembly pictures, your cables are not shielded, thus they can act as antenna and pick up the RF noise. Before you go to the effort and expense of replacing your cables with shielded ones and adding a shield around the control equipment, first test to to see if this is a problem. If possible completely enclose the compressor with grounded metal. If not possible try to cover just the motor, or create a wall or sheet of grounded metal between the compressor and Millzebub. If you are able to cover the equipment ensure that there is an air gap so you don't over heat the equipment.

2. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

All the cables are of the shielded type and are all grounded at the controller end which is all bolted to the metal plate the control equipment is fixed to this includes the spindle / spindle control and PSU and off course millzibub as well the USB cable is a double shielded one too .

As already said can't move the compressors further away , I'll try putting them on a different ring and try the conditioner if not then I'll box the compressors in with metal and ground that and compressors, if that don't work I'll have learn to blow hard lol

Last edited: 24 Apr 2015
  3. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Active Member

If the cables are already shielded then it is more likely the noise is through the power cables.

:hehe:

4. Teelzebub

That would be my guess too I'll order a couple of the conditioners tomorrow and meanwhile I'll try the different rings

Shame because I can't use the sandblaster at the same time as millzibub is working so I really need to sort it

5. Teelzebub

A couple of vids cutting a shape for someone one has a step down in it You'll see that it does a couple of air passes that because I originally did the programme for a thicker piece of Perspex, Eats Perspex like it was butter :thumb:

You can see one with the step in it in the pic below

[​IMG]

Last edited: 6 May 2015
  6. David

David Take my advice — I’m not using it.

You should tell Kov to have his sex aids made anonymously

7. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Looks like it's time to hook a pulley to your exercise bike.
    Try my tape/glue/temp pallet technique. It eliminates that part where the material jumps after piercing through, among other things.