1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows My Pictures got nuked

Discussion in 'Software' started by 731|\|37, 30 Jul 2009.

1. 731|\|37

731|\|37 ESD Engineer in Training

Alright, here's what happened.

I was browsing the webz for amusing pictures to stash away in Chrome and I went to save a file. Inside the save file as dialog box I tried to click and drag my pictures over to the sidebar to see if it would accept it as a symlink. Chrome did not like this and responded by crashing. I'm assuming this was actually a Windows API that caused a memory leak inside the chrome process which windows then decided to terminate, so I'm not laying blame on anyone in particular here, it's just that now I'm left without a my pictures folder, or any reference to what it once was.

I'm going to restart and let chkdisk go over it for now to see if it can find some broken references in the tables. A first reboot did nothing, Windows woke back up and decided there wasn't any reason to run an integrity check so I'm not hopeful. Any suggestions as to what to try next?

2. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Just go back in time on your folder.
    Right-click on the folder, then select "restore previous version". Panel will open where you can select which day you it to be restore (you can view the folder before restoring it)

You need Vista or Win7 to have this feature.