1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding My planned mods

Discussion in 'Modding' started by x06jsp, 3 Sep 2008.

1. x06jsp

x06jsp da ginger monkey!!!!

Hey guys,

I thought i would make a thread for my upcoming mods(with designs of course!) The pics will come very soon as im not on the right pc atm!

Midnight sparkle

First we have my girlfriend sarahs case that will be a scratch built matx case this is going to be started asap! it will be finished at the same time as modularis as they are getting painted at the same time by dean0 my airbrush artist :D
    [​IMG]

Black Barracuda

The second is a customer build based around a TJ07 this will be as slick as possible black and blue with a razer theme and it will also be powdercoated black and of course the mandatory watercooling that must be done with a tj07. the razer logo on the window will be made out of blue acrylic sandwiched between the clear window and a black powdercoated alu logo. There will also be the name of the mod over the mesh at the bottom i dont have it in the design as there wasnt the right font
    [​IMG]

Car pc

This will either be used as a car pc now or just a mini itx setup. it is going to be made up of a small alu box with the dvd,hdd in and then the mobo will be on top surrounded by layers of black and clear acrylic
    [​IMG]

fibreglass mod

This will be my next major major scratch build i havent got any designs yet but it will probably be big and quite organic looking it is based on ICE installations (In Car Entertainment) mainly the fibreglass bass boxes (ill get an example later :D )

Evo This only a maybe though...

This will be entirely acrylic using black white and blue acrylic
    [​IMG]

And those are the mods i have planned so far

Josh

Last edited: 5 Sep 2008
  2. bigsharn

bigsharn Officially demotivated

You've not got a lot on have you?:p

3. x06jsp

lol! modding and thats it :D

4. x06jsp

more design work done to evo pics in first post

Josh

5. studentgaza

studentgaza What's a Dremel?

my fav is the 2nd 1

6. x06jsp

Thats starting at the end of the month hopefully :D thanks

7. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Some very interesting ideas :thumb:

The Barracuda seems like a pretty awesome idea. My minor suggestions would be to have a more interesting window shape - circular? - and also, maybe give it some contours. Something like a simple ridge going over the fans or a curved panel can really set off a mod. Also that front panel is just asking for some attention - Some lighting? A custom bezel? or maybe something far more simple, like mesh drive covers...

The car PC reminds me of something I did a while back. From having read around the subject a bit, sturdiness and shock absorption should be quite high up on your priority list when designing it.

The EVO reminds me a bit of GreenSabath's Chiaroscuro... I like it. What I would do, is do it all with black 'plates' and blue lines in it... don't know how to describe it :p Sort of like the lines on this adorable little critter... and then, maybe I would have the fans embedded into the shape so they are barely noticeable and the shape looks like a flawless cube...

Looking forward to more design and building progress :thumb:
    MGT

8. x06jsp

Thanks mate lol barracuda is based around a tj07 so im not going to be making any curved panels for it... lol and some of the drive bays will be used up i.e. dvd,res,and fan controller i may do something to the remaining ones as they are going to be used for hdds and across the fans there wil be the mesh and then ontop of the black barracuda cut out of blue acrylic and black alu.

The car pc will initially just be used in my room so i will think about shock absorption later.

and evo im not sure wether it will happen but i may have to take your idea and do another mod.... lol

Josh

9. x06jsp

well i took onboard modgod tanvirs suggestion about evo and this is the new design i have come up with :D

[​IMG]
    front
    [​IMG]
    left
    [​IMG]
    right
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Josh

10. jesterod

jesterod What's a Dremel?

what no carbon fiber case?

11. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

I like your pattern :thumb:

How about applying your pattern to the edges, not just the flat areas, so that the cube doesn't have corners, if you know what i mean?

Maybe even apply the angle pattern to parts of the straight edges aswell? I think this would look very cool :naughty:

12. x06jsp

Lol there will be a fibreglass one :D which will be coming after evo

Im not too sure what you mean??...

Josh

13. jesterod

carbon fiber not fiberglass i know the process is similar but carbon looks better and you had/have 8 boxes of the stuff id just thought you'd have planned a case out of it as it would barely put a dent in what you have

14. x06jsp

HUH??? :confused::confused::confused:

15. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

I think he's confusing you with Langer, I believe it was him who once posted a pic of a garage full of carbon fiber. :)

16. x06jsp

Ahhhhh now that makes sense lol :D

oh well i wish i had money to do a carbon case mod but no i dont just fibreglass and alu and acrylic ones :D

josh

17. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

This is very rough, but it should give you an idea of what i mean:
    [​IMG]

18. jesterod

oh yea thats right it was Langer well now i feel stupid

19. ModMinded

ModMinded Are you throwing that away?

join the club! it's easy to feel that way with all these great modders and project logs... I sometimes forget who's doing what, and when, and why... etc! :)

20. x06jsp

Ahh yer now i know what you mean im not sure wether i would be able to pull it off well but i may well give that a go :D

And dont worry guys :D

Josh