1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling My Proposed Pelt Setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HQ08-Modder, 15 Nov 2003.

1. HQ08-Modder

HQ08-Modder What's a Dremel?

Well i might be switching to eplt coolign ocne i get my wc setup up and runnign and afetr a few more reasearching.

Well so far i've decided on this:
    This is the Fridge plan
    Go my 1337 paint skillz
    [​IMG]
    Click to view full-sized image!

Hosted by UGBox Image Store
    Info:
    Mini Fridge – Used as a res to supply cold water to both gpu and cpu blocks
    Info
    Thermoelectric Mini-Fridges : Fridgemaster 5 ltr blue

Product Name Fridgemaster 5 ltr blue
    Product Code TFM05
    Availability: In Stock
    Retail Price $129.00
    Demo Price $79.00
    Dimensions W190 x H313 x L281 mm
    Weight 3.3 kgs
    Capacity 5 litres
    Temperature Range up to 20º below the ambient temperature, heating capacity up to 65ºC
    Warranty 6 months
    Features • Insulation: Solid CFC-free polyurethane foam
    Other Information • Quality Features: Stylish chrome door handle, plastic shelf divider, low noise fan for quiet operation, cold/warm switch.

TFM05 Fridgemaster 5 ltr blue $79.00 = Price

Cpu Block:
    PN: ST-MCW462-UT
    Swiftech MCW462-UT with 226W peltier
    For AMD Socket 462 Only.
    Motherboard Mount
    Connectors are for quick connect 3/8" Outer Dimension Hosing - Adapters for other hosing listed below - note, model pictured is UHT with barbs, unit supplied is UT with quick connects as in MCW462-U above.
    Things still to hot and you want lower than ambient temperatures or SubZero. This waterblock will deliver what you require with the use of a 226W Peltier Element,mounts to CPU via for spring mounts for exacting pressure.
    A separate PSU is recommended for use with the Peltier.
    Peltier Cooling Solutions are a very serious answer to CPU cooling and require a lot of knowledge to setup and run, this product is not for the beginner.
    Installation Instructions
    InStock
    $200.00 inc GST

GPU Block:
    PN: ST-MCW50-T
    Swiftech MCW50-T GPU Waterblock with 80W Peltier
    If you watercooling your CPU, why not keep your Video Card ultra-cool and quiet as well, designed for use with Geforce 4 hole mounting system and ATI Radeon 9000 to 9700, can be used with other Video Cards by using Permanent Artic Silver Adhesive. There is still a chance it may not fit straight on your GPU, it is best to confirm with the products specifications
    Connectors are for quick connect 1/2" Outer Dimension Hosing - Adapters for other hosing listed below.
    A separate PSU is recommended for use with the Peltier.
    Peltier Cooling Solutions are a very serious answer to CPU cooling and require a lot of knowledge to setup and run, this product is not for the beginner.

Installation Instructions
    InStock
    $100.00 inc GST
    Powersupply:
    The S320-12 kit is packaged for the convenience of users who wish to install this auxiliary power supply inside of their chassis. The unit is specifically intended to operate high power thermoelectric modules, and delivers up to 25 amps at 12 volts.

The S320-12 power supply is mounted onto an adapter tray to be installed in any 5 1/4" bay. A/C power to the unit is controlled by a specially designed relay switch and harness that synchronize power to the unit with the rest of the computer. An A/C socket adapter with a custom stainless steel plate complete the kit for a professional looking installation.

Installation inside the chassis requires the following modifications:

Required: opening a 1 1/4" hole in the chassis to install the A/C socket adapter
    Optional (depending on chassis ventilation configuration): opening a blow hole above the unit's fan to extract the hot air emanating from it. Good ventilation to the unit is essential.

This should cost up to something aorudn 500bucks, but im still currently trying to find an australian retailer that sells the power supply im after. I am also wondering would a Heto 2800l/h pump would be enough for this pelt setup, or would i need sometihn like a enheim?

If i had to for the enheim i was thinking of the
    Product: Eheim 1250 waterpump
    SKU Number: E1250
    Category: Pumps
    Availability: In Stock
    Price: AU$175.00
    Weight: 1.0000

back mid September!

in line pump made in Germany, 240V, Australian power plug. Extremely reliable!

Pump output 1200 l/h 264 lmp. gal./h. 7317 U.S. gal./h.
    Delivery head 2,00 m/wat.col. 6 ft. 7 in./wat.col.
    Power consumption 28 W
    Hose connection (suction side) Ø17mm (3/4")
    Hose connection (pressure side) Ø13mm (1/2")
    Dimensions: lenght x width x height 180 x 95 x 120 7.1 x 3.8 x 4.7 in.

So that'd probally bumpt he cost up to 600bucks, and it should give me some very nice temps and ncie overclocks, But what do u guyz think of my propsoed setup?

2. Andersen

Andersen Brain for hire

/me slaps HQ08-Modder around a bit with a large *ss

3. Darv

Darv Bling!!

lol :clap:

I suggest you try somehwere like Uploadit to host your images.

4. Tim S

Tim S OG

rofl, quality :clap: :rock:

5. ConKbot of Doom

ConKbot of Doom Minimodder

he probably dosen't see because he has the real image cached, too. lol

6. 8-BALL

8-BALL Theory would dictate.....

This won't work, from what I can tell.

Fridges, in particular, mini fridges are only designed to remove a very small heatload. Which is why it takes so long to chill down a can of beer in a fridge. The idea with fridges is that they insulate well, so once it has been chilled, they stay chilled.

Now if you use a pelt on your cpu and gpu, you're gonna have to dissipate around 500W, and there is no way you fridge will be geared up for much more than 50-100W, and since this is a pelt fridge, this is not a good thing.

8-ball

7. Kermet

Kermet [custom title]

It varies from forum to forum but the 'fridge water cooling idea' is asked nearly as much as the 'can I use a laptop screen with my computer' question. With a little use of the search button perhaps we can eliminate these most tedious of questions...

8. 8-BALL

8-BALL Theory would dictate.....

I agree

8-ball

9. Kermet

Kermet [custom title]

And it always seems to be you that replys first. You got that reply ready to paste at all times? :hehe:

Tags: