1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding My Wireless Power Button Mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Prefim, 21 Apr 2002.

1. SpikeyJake

SpikeyJake What's a Dremel?

DOH , why when i get an idear some1 beats me to it or does a better version :rolleyes: . Iam just about ordered a part for maplins to try and make a wireless powerbutton . So if you can have a look at the following VY48C , maplins code £9.99. I was going to see what i could come up with useing this , it comes with a data sheet so iam hopeing i get more info with it . Is the above like what u have used .

2. danielctull

danielctull What's a Dremel?

i had that idea when i saw the transmitters from maplins, but i'd never of pulled it off anyway...

you have to do an article about this, please........

3. nikon

nikon What's a Dremel?

Ive been wanting something like this...I want to make a squirt gun on my car :D when people walf by I just push the button and theyre wet :D :D where could I find this in the US??

4. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

i have a shortcut on me desktop to shut down the computer... then i have the shortcut set up to be numpad 4
    so i just press NUMPAD4 whenever i wanna power down, and as 4 powering up, well, i'm never in that much a rush, that i can't wait the 15 seconds for me machine to power up...
    at least not usually...
    so anyway...great mod, great idea, but just imagine if someone else were to get a remote for your pc, so they could turn it on and off whne they please, then all they need is a trojan on your machine, and they can do whatever they want...maybe not...

5. bee2643

bee2643 What's a Dremel?

what if you dont own a 486 but have a 2ghz machine where it only takes 5seconds to boot to your desktop
    what good is this mod then :D
    hehehe
    *strokes his celeron 1.6*

6. Seriell

Seriell What's a Dremel?

7. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

How about adding a second button to activate a hydrolic drive cover? :D