1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding my58vw's next great project... planning thread

Discussion in 'Modding' started by my58vw, 30 May 2005.

1. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

[​IMG]

Project time...

Ok here we go... it is time for another great plexi mod...

From past mods such as divergence I have a lot to think about in the world of custom cases. This case will be a one off design out of my favorite materials... polished aluminum and plexiglass. Above is a little teaser pic of the proposed power supply... well the beginning phases of it...

I am doing something that I have perfected with this case that for the time I have been on the forum I have never seen... you will have to wait and see though... This will not be your "typical" tower plexi pc mod...

I will just set some ideas in motion...

1. Power supply power center... notice it is not just a ps in a plain metal box... metal and plexi designed power supply which will house all the main start of the wiring for the case. The ATX connector will be split in 5, remonensent of an old 5 cable VGA connector and re combined at the ATX plug. The rest of the wire will reside in the ps and come out in a interesting location. This idea is simular to what gnome did with orac 3, but to another level... it will be interesting to see.

2. A fully custom designed hard disk cooling center with swapable drives out front... bays of plexi of course, you will have to wait for that one.

3. 2 VFD displays, serial connectors soldered directly to the MB. Remote LEDs for network, etc.

4. Full watercooling, dual resevours, dual processor (hmmm :idea: ) system!?

Well that is enough for now... check out the sketch and send some ideas... this is one long tern project that I hope will be bigger than divergence and in the rhelm of the other big name cases here...

Let the modding begin!

2. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Oh yes, as for divergence... I am having server issues, moving to a new host. If you try and look at pics they will all be down. I will get them up ASAP!

3. f U z ! o N

f U z ! o N What's a Dremel?

very very nice. you always have such amazing ideas. looking forward to this one.

4. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Not a fan of the angled jacks like the ones Zap used... Other than that, I am intrigued :)

5. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

That may cahnge... I am looking for something original. The main reason that the jacks are there is to allow the atx cable to be removed... which will unlike divergence be a part of the showiness of the case...

Now give me a few weeks here to plan and things will get underway!

Oh ya, that thing in the pic... that is the power supply... not the case :lol:

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

That's crazy... get to work!

7. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

8. Vito

Vito What's a Dremel?

How do you plan to control those 2 vfd's. Are you using 2 different lcd software? Or is there any lcd software capable to control several lcd's?

The PSU looks super.
    I cannot wait to see more pictures!

9. Vito

Vito What's a Dremel?

Any news on this project? Any preview pics? Even without comments? Pleeease. :D
    Thanks.